3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Rak 09.10.22 10:16 pm

Magister Alvin (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In the first part, almost the only choice that could somehow affect the plot of the subsequent parts was the choice of "giving Alvin to the Wild Hunt."
Question: does this choice affect anything in part 3 of the game? Does it transfer at all?
22 Comments
Sort by:
A
Angelica04 09.10.22

you can find his letter only. quest in Novograd in a bookstore.

s
st029 09.10.22

In my opinion this is one of the few serious jambs of this game. The decisions of the previous games fucking do not affect anything. 1 sq. if Summer is alive. Everything. For the rest - a remark in a dialogue, or a letter, or a note. It upset.

J
JOKERIVAN 09.10.22

st029
And if there is Shiala survived???? And then I killed her in the second part

A
Angelica04 09.10.22

JOKERIVAN
SpoilerYes, according to the plot, she is tortured to death in prison. She will ask to be finished off. Yes, Summer was right, it turned out that Geralt was a cruel person who saved her.

w
wild rider 09.10.22

Anzhelika04
Can I have a screenshot of this letter?

It's a pity Alvin will not be in the game, I was still waiting for his appearance in the third part. They leaked a very suitable character, around whom one more intrigue could be stirred up.

I
Ilya Rak 09.10.22

Wild Rider
, moreover, they leaked the entire first part with this. After all, it turns out that the choice in the end is no choice at all.

I
Ilya Rak 09.10.22

Well, at least Siegfried is found in the game?

A
Angelica04 09.10.22

Ilya Rak
, yes, if the game went through the order and met him in the second part.

R
Renox 09.10.22

Alvin is a plot misunderstanding. It is very good that he was forgotten and drank.

w
wild rider 09.10.22

Ilya Rak
I agree, it would probably be too ingenious for the projects to create a situation in the third part in which the living Alvin from the first part in the ranks of the Wild Hunt would somehow interfere with Geralt, affecting the ending of the entire trilogy.
Haven't done the Wild Hunt yet. It will be a shame if there are no such sharp turns, as in part 1.

I
Ilya Rak 09.10.22

At least some tweaks in terms of combat and small changes in the plot - it would already be nice to see the fruits of the choice from the first part.

I
Ilya Rak 09.10.22

Anzhelika04
Yes, if you passed the game for the order and met him in the second part.
I know. That's just it there unless it's extras.
Does he appear in the third part?

A
Angelica04 09.10.22

Ilya Rak
, I wrote yes.

c
creative2901 09.10.22

Renox
Wild Rider
Alvin is the grandmaster who dies
SpoilerIn the first chapter, Alvin can be heard to have constant dreams about winter. Jacob had the same dreams.
In the fifth chapter, Triss rightly notes that if Alvin can already overcome the protection of the amulet, then he can be transported to any place through space and time.
When meeting with the Grand Master in the cemetery swamps in the fifth chapter, he will tell Geralt that he does not owe him anything, since he has already paid in full.
In the epilogue, the Grand Master, in a conversation with the witcher, uses the phrases that Geralt spoke to Alvin in the fourth chapter.
If you give the soul of the Master to the King of the Wild Hunt, he will report that the Grand Master was known to the witcher under a different name.
The amulet that can be found on the Magister's body after returning from the Ice Waste is Alvin's worn amulet.

R
Renox 09.10.22

creative2901
Yes, it is clear that Alvin is the Grand Master.
It's just that there can't be Alvin in the world of the Witcher. The only Child of the elder blood is Ciri.

N
Niko71790 09.10.22

Renox
Well, it's not the only one. It's just that the rest did not live up to the time of the game.

E
Elite User 09.10.22

Renox
It would be better if we were chasing Alvin instead of Ciri in part 3 .... she is painfully kumar, and there are plenty of her in the book series. We need new personalities.

w
wild rider 09.10.22

creative2901
Those who come here and do not ask a question about the title of the topic already know everything.

Renox
Some people who have uncontrollable magical abilities and are able to go into a trance are not required to have Elder Blood. In one of the books there was just such a girl who they wanted to burn at the stake. Like in Baptism by Fire.

R
Renox 09.10.22

Wild Rider
Alvin is not only the source, but also moves in time. As is Ciri. It's basically analog.

w
wild rider 09.10.22

Renox
If you try, you can pull Alvin to the Source (restrictions in the abilities of the representatives of the Source are not described) and to the Elder Blood, proving that the game witcher is non-canon. Well, Sapkowski kind of accepted the plot of the first Witcher, didn't he?