3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GrixxxaFresh 09.10.22 10:16 pm

Replacing music in the Dota 2 menu (Dota 2)

Good day!

Recently, I asked myself this question about replacing files in Dota 2.
The first thing that came to my mind was to change the annoying music in the Dota menu. In appearance, it may seem that all this is difficult, long and dreary, but for you I have already prepared everything and uploaded

it to the exchanger :) re-dotka 2)

Next, we need to download GCFScape. (http://rghost.ru/45786376) A program that allows you to view .vpk archives.
Download it, unpack it in any convenient place.

The next thing we need to do is run the program, click fail -> Open and open pak01_dir.vpk FROM THE DOTA ARCHIVE, NOT THE BACKUP!
We are looking for the sound -> music folder there and find 3 files called gamestartup (1,2,3) these are the music files in the menu.

Next, we need to create a folder with any name, in which we create 2 more folders (that is, we create sound and in this folder there is also a music folder and we put any music that we want to put in it with the same name and format gamestartup1.mp3 ) also any other 2 music gamestartup2.mp3 and gamestartup3.mp3 (if you want to put 2 more music in the menu)

Then download Dota2Slasher (http://rghost.ru/45786433) drop it into any empty folder and create a text document next to it, which we rename to config .ini and write the following in it:

action=pack
auto=true
(but I have already compiled it for you, link above)

And finally! In the same folder where Dota2lasher and config.ini are located, create a folder called files and put the sound folder with your melody into it.
Well, then we launch our Dota2Slasher.exe and wow :) The music has changed!

If something is not clear, I can make a video.

Written by GrixxxaFresh.
2 Comments
Sort by:
U
Ubronies 09.10.22

ATP dude

A
Artyom Krasovsky 09.10.22

And if there is no such sound folder in pak01_dir.vpk?