3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GMXardas 09.10.22 10:32 pm

The Witcher 3 on SSD (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Actually, the essence of the problem is that when you install the game on the SSD, everything is fine for the first time, but it happens that after the next start of the computer, a checkdisk pops up and starts swearing at damaged files, the log shows that all the files are in the game, some some can be restored, some can’t, hence bugs happen, such as: sometimes textures or characters disappear, and sometimes the game just doesn’t start, the game process hangs, but nothing happens. If you put it on the HDD, then of course there are no such problems, but you still want it on the SSD, the lack of downloads of dialogs / saves / transitions pleases, it is much more comfortable to play.
Has anyone encountered such a problem? Maybe there is already a solution?
PS There are no problems with other games on the SSD and never have been.
12 Comments
Sort by:
i
ilya1iz2 09.10.22

Has GMXardas
SSD been in use for a long time? Have you tried testing?

G
GMXardas 09.10.22

Ilya11
Approximately 7-8 months. I tested with two programs, all give an excellent result, no problems were found. As I said, if the problem was in the disk itself, then the files of Windows or other games would also be lost or broken, but the problem is only with The Witcher.

i
ilya1iz2 09.10.22

GMXardas
If the reason is hard, then it is not necessary that Windows will be affected, depending on which sectors they mow, slow down, broken. Therefore, I asked. And such a question, what exactly did you test?

K
Kosh13 09.10.22

Disable swap file.

G
GMXardas 09.10.22

Ilya11
Victoria tested, was among the programs.
Kosh13
I do not know how it is connected, but I did not include it on any disk.

K
Kosh13 09.10.22

GMXardas
It is enabled by default. If he did not turn off, then it works.

G
GMXardas 09.10.22

Kosh13
When installing Windows, I disabled all paging files, system restore and other useless crap.

E
Evangelist 09.10.22

GMXardas
All that they write is bullshit, problems with the game cannot arise just because of the hard drive, the game is installed on your hard drive, or it exists. or not, that's it. What may arise, all sorts of problems, this is apparently due to your uninstalled drivers, etc., but hard has nothing to do with it, this is 100% fat

G
GMXardas 09.10.22

Evangelist
You though do not disgrace, and esteem for a start about the given type of carriers and that it is peculiar to it.

v
vftor 09.10.22

GMXardas
I have several options for installing games on the same computer (I switch by power):
1. to HDD (C and Windows and Games - for regular games.
2. to SSD (Windows) + to HDD (games) - for 3. SSD (Windows) + SSD (Games) - for extremely heavy
games that require maximum
performance I put this game on SSD (Windows) + HDD (Games) It works fine
. met with SSD, so in DiRT Rally the steering wheel was not (automatically) detected, and the x64 steering wheel driver does not want to install normally on SSD.And when I installed DiRT Rally on HDD, everything rolled normally. what it is connected with.

p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

Witcher works great on ssd

G
GMXardas 09.10.22

propeller-faust
Not for everyone.