3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VOROGOD 09.10.22 10:48 pm

New firewood - new problems...

Good day. I decided to create a similar topic, because I could not find a solution on the Internet, and if I found references, no one really answered them. Can they help here?)

In general. Recently, I decided to install new drivers for the nvidia video card, which were released specifically for The Witcher 3, to be more precise, these are version 352.86 drivers. At first, the FPS in the game increased, but this is only at first glance. After 5-10 minutes of playing (sometimes earlier) The Witcher 3 literally spits out a slideshow that won't stop until the game is restarted (and that doesn't always help), but then reappears. Well, what to do, I thought. Then I decided to go into DOTA 2 and what was my surprise when instead of the normal FPS I saw 16 frames after 1.5 minutes of the game.

Rollback to the old driver 332.60 solved the problem, but The Witcher 3 without the new driver is not able to work at all even at a minimum (with new firewood on medium-low without problems until the FPS drops). Everything works with junk before, but I want new drivers, and here such a beard.

Everything would be fine if the problem was clear, but everything is very vague here. In general, I use a laptop from ASUS - X550LN, Intel core i7-4510U 2Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 840M 2Gb, 8 Gb RAM. I immediately wanted to dismiss the options for overheating, viruses or a clogged system. the system is clean (win 8.1), the temperature from the moment of launch until the appearance of lags was measured by HWmonitor, it did not rise above 60 C. High-performance processor is set in the Nvidia control panel, and Maximum performance is also set in the system power policy. But despite all this, the laptop produces these slideshows on the new version of the drivers.

Of course, a banal and easy way to solve the problem is to get off win 8, but since it was licensed with a laptop, I want to wait for win 10 to be released and switch to it from a license. Therefore, I am looking for a way to solve the problem without these measures.

Help me please.
24 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nikita507 09.10.22

VOROGOD
rollback driver, nvidia says "already doing a fix"

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
i.e. Is this a problem with the new driver from May 18th?

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
these same drivers from May 18 gave a good increase in FPS until the slideshow began. Do you think it makes sense to install past drivers that came out under GTA5. Will they give an increase in FPS? I just rolled back to native drivers, with them the FPS in The Witcher 3 leaves much to be desired.

N
Nikita507 09.10.22

VOROGOD
Yes, this is the problem of the new driver in old cards, it's better to play with a stable FPS than from the beginning high then very low

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
You can't argue with you here. And what about the previous version of the driver (for GTA5) on it such jambs were noted? I just don't want to waste my time.

N
Nikita507 09.10.22

VOROGOD
I play with him, no problem

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
Thank you very much, I'll try, if it helps I'll write it off. You cannot imagine how hard it was to find someone who knew about this problem!

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
Let me ask you, do you have the same problem with new firewood?

N
Nikita507 09.10.22

VOROGOD
yes

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
Eh, the problem is similar on the version for GTA (((I will lower it according to versions until it is solved ...

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
Really, you have to return to junk (((What is it (

V
VOROGOD 09.10.22

Nikita507
Delivered 341.44 version, without GeForce Expiriense, everything goes well. Maybe a problem with GeForce Expiriense? Do you use it?

N
Nikita507 09.10.22

VOROGOD
Used, not now

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 09.10.22

If there is a fix, then problems are possible with which videos (7xx, 8xx, ancient mobile rebrandings?) and in which games (new ones - DX11 and higher, or old ones?).

VOROGOD
I use the program for downloading firewood only. The main problem is if you install firewood through the program itself.

-
-SK.art- 09.10.22

Many people have problems on new firewood from nvidia (which are imprisoned for the witcher). Therefore, put the previous driver and wait for the new one.

E
EnglishQuaker 09.10.22

Comrades, maybe I'm off topic, because I haven't bought a new computer yet. Now what, specifically for each game, drivers are released separately chtoli?

-
-SK.art- 09.10.22

RussianQuaker

is not exactly like that.. For special games, as a rule, nvidia (and sometimes AMD) make a special edition of an optimized driver. Naturally, it includes optimization of some other games as well.

E
EnglishQuaker 09.10.22

So back and forth you have to rearrange the firewood every time: like you want to play one set of games - install drivers, in another - other drivers, again you want to play the first set of games - rearrange again?

-
-SK.art- 09.10.22

EnglishQuaker
So back and forth you have to rearrange firewood every time

, no, new drivers contain previous innovations and optimizations. Usually..

E
EnglishQuaker 09.10.22

Thanks for the info, now I know.