3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
marrader 09.10.22 10:48 pm

problems after update with patch 1.04 (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

after the update, the game began to slow down terribly, after and before each cut-scene, just before the start of the mission, or after saving the game stupidly freezes for 2-3 minutes .... besides, the fps dropped from 50-70 to 20-30 ... the game itself is also loaded for a very long time .... has anyone encountered such a problem?
my pc i7 4790K
16 GB of RAM
PALIT GeForce GTX 960 2 Gb
ssd 512
before on ultra settings gave out 50-60 fps...
and now on medium settings such bugs are terrible
20 Comments
Sort by:
p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

marrader
Well, roll back to 1.03, who's in the way. Probably a pirate?

s
shtraf11 09.10.22

propeller-faust
people pirate games with such a computer?)) if so, then he stole the computer))) there is simply no other explanation not to buy the game))

A
Alex_Pro 09.10.22

shtraf11
Why not? Maybe he is sorry to spend money, since he spent all the money on the assembly.

p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

shtraf11
Well, he doesn't have a space PC. Maybe he used a torrent edition to check the optimization and caught some kind of infection like mdm.exe along with the patch. For example, the day before yesterday I watched from a friend that the video gtx770 (he has a steam version), with patch 1.04., Gives out 50-55 fps at the limit without rough drawdowns. I saw with my own eyes.

s
shtraf11 09.10.22

Alex_Pro
propeller-faust
Yes, okay, okay))
my 780 does not give out 50-55 stable ones. 45-50 yes. Without hair and from the transcendent texture, there is a drawing range, clarity ... in general, without fanaticism ... but 1.04 also gave me friezes. although I certainly have an old i7 3770k

m
marrader 09.10.22

propeller-faust
Alex_Pro
propeller-faust
I bought a collection with a map and dlop materials) (I don't mind making money well...)
I have the GOG version! (and I recently rebuilt the computer before that was i5 4570k geForce 750 ti and 8GB without SSD)

s
shtraf11 09.10.22

marrader
i think the new patch affects the video memory usage...and 2gb on the card might not always be enough. What did they do...

R
RuS_MeLoMaN_RuS 09.10.22

Campaign you caught the miner, how there will be FPS drawdowns, check with the task manager that it loads the percent. because I have more FPS on my face with patch 4.

m
marrader 09.10.22

RuS_MeLoMaN_RuS
Yes, I'm sitting over there, what's stopping me

p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

marrader
Well then I find it difficult to answer. Considering that the game takes a long time to load on the ssd .. I observed freezes in cut-scenes on 1.02. those. the very release of the game, but in 1.03. there were no such problems. Yes, and on 1.04, the version has not worsened in any way compared to 1.03. (IMHO of course). Check for viruses, maybe you caught something.

H
HorvaT_G 09.10.22

Where did you get the patch?

s
serial86 09.10.22

There is another unpleasant situation after patch 1.04, the parameter about which someone once wrote did not work: How to remove already rather annoying notifications “Gamepad detected. Control changed" or "Keyboard and mouse detected. Management changed?
Go to the folder:
"...The Witcher 3binconfigbase"
Open "hidden.ini"
Change "LockC0" to "LockC2". And it worked. So after patch 1.04. it stopped.
Maybe someone know the solution?

T
Teivarin 09.10.22

look at the paging file in mine, after the patch it went to 0, set it, everything flies to ultra

p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

Teyvarin
How can the swap file go to zero if the system basically does not allow it to be zero in any case?

T
Teivarin 09.10.22

in general, it’s initially set to 0 and only if you want to install it yourself, it’s always been like this, and it worked fine for 1.03 and with the swap file, set it to 1.04, the game just didn’t start, it said there was not enough memory, I checked the swap file - 0. I’m writing what is real with the game I beat

p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

Teivarin is actually initially at 0
This is something new. By default, the paging file is transferred to the system and is two or three times (I don’t remember exactly) from the RAM, but it can be changed and locked, if you set 0 or the “no paging file” checkbox, the system will again take over the function of automatically managing the paging file , that is, it will again become a double or triple (I don’t remember) the amount of RAM. This is how it works in Win7 and Win8. Perhaps you somehow lost the setting (probably not because of the patch) and the swap file was simply not enough. you probably do not have a large amount of RAM since the game did not start, but 0 could not be there. And if the game did not start due to lack of memory, then we can conclude that you can’t fly on ultras just by increasing the paging file. There is a bug when a memory leak occurs due to a crooked patch. But in the case of The Witcher 1.04, this is clearly not the case. Many would complain

m
marrader 09.10.22

HorvaT_G
how where? The game itself was updated via Gog

m
marrader 09.10.22

Teyvarin
finally do not advise you to touch the swap file! IMHO mozhdno nakuralesit so that the computer will slow down terribly!

D
Denis Kyokushin 09.10.22

propeller-faust
In games, for some reason, it is more used from the paging file, and not from RAM

People, and if you install the game from a disk, will the patches be installed?

p
propeller-faust 09.10.22

Den-z2011
If it's a face drive, yes, it will be patched automatically to 1.04.