3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Khorn1 21.11.19 03:27 am

Increase fps in the game via the config (Metro Exodus)

Find on the system disk the user file.cfg (I have it lying on the path From:/users/folder with your name/saved games/metro exodus. This I such a path is a file user.cfg. Open it (with Notepad) and change line to get this :
r_blur_level 0
r_enum_ssaa 0
r_exposure_hdr 0.
r_game_mblur_scale 0.
r_ssaa_auto 0.
In this line r_taa_enabled 1 set 0, which will increase fps, but will do wildly dark and changing the brightness does not help .If you manage to change the brightness after turning off TAA , write here.
File close, save and be sure to click on it right click and put a checkmark in read only - apply - OK. And subsequent modifications of the file first, remove the check mark, the corrected file that is saved and again expose the read only.
Soap can be specifically reduced by installing a Sweet-fx-a which is here on the site.
http://www.playground.ru/files/metro_exodus/ Choose one of the two that suits you best. Thank you by the way, those , who created them and shared them here.
I hope someone will help . If you find any other ways ,then write here.
20 Comments
Sort by:
b
burov77 21.11.19

An now another problem, the screen flickers while playing from time to time.

K
Khorn1 21.11.19

burov77
Due to changes in the config? If so, give the old config( I hope you copied the original?)and try at one point to disable, and look after which is starts.

v
vitalik76 21.11.19

What set these parameters:
r_exposure_hdr 0.
r_game_mblur_scale 0.
In General terms, of course it is clear that the first something about hdr and second something about the blur, but what exactly? Personally, I have enough fps on ultra, but I would like to make the picture less shiny and soap and then another time the screen is like a varnish watered.

C
Chuck_Norris_ 21.11.19

Khorn1
disables shadows from the grass
r_foliage_hemi_ao 0
r_foliage_shadows 0

K
Khorn1 21.11.19

vitalik76
About soap written - download Sweet fx one of the two that are here on the site.

X
XAkan 21.11.19

What to do if the config file at all. Checked the search and tried to go in a saved game. It is not stupid

v
vitalik76 21.11.19

XAkan wrote:
What to do if the config file at all.
This is basically impossible if you at least once run the game. In the folder users may not be one account should go to each. Rather this is possible only in one case, if the game has no rights to write files, but then the game didn't keep any settings or saves, and re-start it would have been like the first time.

v
vitalik76 21.11.19

Khorn1 wrote:
put a check next to read only - apply - OK
This method showed a very significant disadvantage. Have to make the file read-only, the game will no longer save the info about the found diaries and postcards, ie everything you will find during the game, on subsequent reboots/perusahaan the game will be lost. This applies only to diaries and postcards. Weapons, ammo, loot, and armor upgrades are saved normally.

M
Mazerfaker 21.11.19

vitalik76
Ie each time you start the game you will have to edit this file?

v
vitalik76 21.11.19

The parameters must be rewritten to the file only if you changed settings, i.e., if the graphics settings in the game do not touch it, and in a file they shouldn't reschedule. If lock file is read only, then found the diaries and postcards will not be saved.

K
Khorn1 21.11.19

What a waste. Diaries and postcards. Just rubbish not giving anything and no way at all affects the game.Mazerfaker
No , it is not necessary. But if you went through the settings in the game , only then.

v
vitalik76 21.11.19

Khorn1 wrote:
What a waste. Diaries and postcards. Just rubbish not giving anything and no way at all affects the game.
It is actually easily correctable. Offer to send out a call to those who passed the game and found all the diaries and postcards. Share your user file.cfg or put its contents here in the thread. Particularly interested in settings xbox_net_data at the end of the file, I think there are marked records.

s
synth17dm 21.11.19

vitalik76
on the Nexus there is preset for ReShade, the picture becomes clearer, such a look, the link under the video

X
Xeren 21.11.19

Is there a config option to reduce the amount of grass? In the initial location, everything was great, I came to the desert, the weed severely sags fps.

K
Khorn1 21.11.19

Xeren
r_foliage_hemi_ao 0
r_foliage_shadows 0
Removes the shadow from the grass. Settings cleaning the very grass alas no. Developed romapada.

s
saa0891 21.11.19

How you can fix what would the light from a flashlight was not lathering the picture with it this problem is present in all parts.

P
Pavel Ediger 21.11.19

r_taa_enabled -1
Do so, and 11directx, got rid of the brakes

F
Fktrct 27.09.20

user.cfg. is in the game folder (pirate) repack from mechanics

M
Maxim Vasiliev2033 16.02.21

vitalik76
to remove the soap, go to the game settings. video. set the shading factor to more and
turn on the tessellation.

M
Metrolab 24.05.21

You can also turn off full screen mode, and set a low screen resolution. Then the FPS will increase even more.