3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LasFan 09.10.22 11:46 pm

Save problem (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

I play face. Recently, the game has ceased to save normally (only the quicksave is saved, and even then the picture of the save does not change, only the place is saved). I tried to clean the save, but even with 2 saves it is not saved. I looked that only 8 MB out of 100 are free on Steam Cloud. Perhaps this is the case.
Question: how to solve this problem?
11 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andy7P7 09.10.22

Delete saves from Steam Cloud, in the game itself.
The only thing that helped me was cleaning.
The same tormented a lot.
PS Well, do not forget to clean the saves in the game folder.

L
LasFan 09.10.22

Andy7P7
I did it, thank you

A
Andy7P7 09.10.22

Glad I could help.

X
Xionus 09.10.22

I have another, much more serious problem. The game is a "license" from Fenixxx, before that I tried another repack, but the situation is completely the same - saves are not loaded, the skull icon in the crown spins endlessly, music plays in the background and nothing happens :( Only once it turned out by some miracle load an existing save and then I was able to load the last one I needed.If you start a new game, after all these introductory videos and conversations with the holozada, it again becomes possible to load the desired save.This method, of course, but too miserable.In the same way training does not work when I try to start it.Everything proves that the saves are viable, it's some settings.Nowhere on the Internet did not find anything sensible except reinstall, well, I just installed everything! My machine is weak, all settings are set to the minimum, 1024x768, XP SP3. Help if you can.

Addition: if you start a new game, and then exit to the main menu and try to load any save, everything loads fine. After a new start of the game, the download never occurs :(

X
Xionus 09.10.22

Despite the "abundance" of answers, I'll venture to voice my own way. I found out that not everything is so rosy - even when starting a new game, when trying to load a previous save, it often crashes to the desktop: either weak hardware, or a crooked repack, or one of the two. Algorithm for unfortunate people like me - maybe it will come in handy, you never know:

1. We start a new game - yes, yes, without it in any way. We select the point of dialogue between Geralt and Roche "The beginning of the assault", because there are no conversations at the beginning, as in the first and third points, everything will be faster.
2. After his majesty King Foltest and his faithful knights appeared on the screen and ran to the attack, go to "Loading", delete this fresh autosave "Killer of Kings".
3. Now Esc back and press F9 - and the last save from the list of available ones is loaded without problems, you can continue to play

L
LasFan 09.10.22

Xionus
Perhaps it was Andy7P7's advice that helped me

R
Rabbit1911 09.10.22

LasFan
I have the same problem as you, tell me how you cleared the Steam Cloud??

L
LasFan 09.10.22

Rabbit1911
1. Turn off Steam Cloud, delete all saves from the Steam folder (or my documents, perhaps, but I had everything in the Steam folder).
2. Turn on the cloud, it is synchronized with the folder where the saves were stored, and thus cleaned (you may have to turn on the cloud in the game for this to work).
3. Again you cut down the cloud so that the problem does not happen again.

I kind of did it. If anything, sorry for the inaccuracies, I did it a long time ago and I don’t remember everything

S
SpectorGor 09.10.22

Andy7P7
Hello, can you tell me about the same topic? Deleted steamcloud saves through the game, as you wrote. Then I turned off the synchronization and threw the save in Steam / userdata and in "username" / documents, but the game does not see this save. Please tell me if you know.

Here it is in the Documents

S
SpectorGor 09.10.22

Here it is in Steam's userdata

N
Nikita Shenkov 09.10.22

Please help! Decided to play at the insane level, played for 3 hours and left the game, then started it again and I can’t load saves anymore, it says: “you can’t load saves at the insane difficulty level”, but how then to continue playing ?!