3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
StrelokRuS29 10.10.22 12:10 am

Far Cry 3 exe (Far Cry 3)

It's no secret that the game has two executables to run. One, based on the name, is imprisoned for Directx 11, the other for 9. And everything would be fine, but launching the game through any exe in the default settings costs 11. Question: what is the difference between launching on different executables if everything is configured through the settings?
5 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pro100 Andrew 10.10.22

StrelokRuS29
Well, it's like a choice: the game renders on DirectX 9 or on DirectX 11. Of course, I will not explain the features of DirectX 9 or 11, but I know that DirectX 11 opens up more advanced technologies in terms of graphics, such as anti-aliasing - MSAA, background shading - SSAO, a multisampling technique used to render dense foliage or grass - Alpha to coverage.

n
nestrbob 10.10.22

StrelokRuS29 what is the difference between launching on different executables
Which DirectX libraries to load when starting the game, that's all the difference.

S
StrelokRuS29 10.10.22

Did you read the question yourself? Launching through 9, in settings 11. What is the meaning of the existence of two executables, if the direct is determined by the settings inside the game, and not executables?

n
nestrbob 10.10.22

StrelokRuS29
Not all cards support DirectX 11, that's what 2 executables are made for. If there was only farcry3_d3d11.exe , then it would be impossible to run the game on XP SP3 or on a card with DirectX 9-10. it requires d3d11.dll. The fact that DirectX 11 is in the settings when starting farcry3.exe does not mean that it is fully launched, there is a special library FC3_d3d11.dll that it does not load.

S
StrelokRuS29 10.10.22

nestrbob
Now everything is clear. Thanks to.