3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
John 10.10.22 12:27 am

Is it possible to fail quests by accidentally stumbling upon some chain? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hi people!
I did not know how to call the topic more precisely, let it be as it is. The game began to pass for the second time because of the abandoned settlement, which if you don’t approach at the very beginning, then ghouls will not appear there and due to the fact that according to the griffin, the very first quest, I found it earlier shorter and because of this failed such a mini-quest with a gay hunter. I moved to the second location and the question is - will I fail (fill up) some quest if I just run around the territory, study, so to speak? Well, for example, if I accidentally find a set, say, a set of drawings while walking, then they won't give me anything. And if there is a quest for it (according to the card bought from the innkeepers), then for this I can get experience, and if I find it just like that, then there will be no experience.
16 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrew Sekret 10.10.22

You can break the chain, fail, for example, by completing a task or stumbling on something ahead of time, so all previous chains will break. And if, for example, you kill a quest character, then the chains of unfulfilled quests will break, and so on.

d
dimon-alfa 10.10.22

I often have this with orders for monsters, which is why I lose a little in profit

T
Tsyfrik 10.10.22

dimon-alfa
is strange, if I killed a monster without taking an order, it simply sends it to the bulletin board with this order - read it there and go for a reward.

A
Angry204 10.10.22

I found a dead patrol in the cave, the quest for which you get on the bulletin board, in the end I just went up to the person and turned in the quest without the bulletin board, they gave everything, money and experience

d
dimon-alfa 10.10.22

Tsyfrik
just can't bargain with the customer

z
zdanu4 10.10.22

Here's an example:
I stumbled upon clothes. raised them. entries went:
1 task "find silver pants" received
2 task "find silver pants" added
3 task "find silver pants" completed
exp received automatically (if Geralt's level is not much higher than the level of the task).
If it is a hunting task, then killing the monster in advance will skip the chain of dialogues and adventures. it will only appear that the task has been completed and you need to receive a reward. alas, it won’t work to get a better price.

J
John 10.10.22

Alright, thanks everyone!
Damn, it turns out if you want to play the game 100% clean, you won’t really clear up :-(.

r
rockandrolllove 10.10.22

And if you don’t explore, it may be that you just skip some quest (it won’t even be marked on the map), and then you can’t return to it!??

T
Tsyfrik 10.10.22

dimon-alfa
yes, but I stopped haggling after the first five orders - it's not even funny, 20-30 coins per task. money and so there is no particular need. I play on the penultimate degree of difficulty and the money is mainly for grub)) and so loot everything that you can and sell in bulk, the main thing is not to forget: weapons - to blacksmiths, armor - to armorers))

T
Tsyfrik 10.10.22

Rockandrolllove
is almost impossible to overwhelm or miss something, the quests remain in place. if it turns red that the quest has failed, reload and complete it, but in my opinion this occurs only at key points and they warn you there, saying "you are sure that you want to go further, be careful, some quests will no longer be available for completion", or how then so)) but in general, communicate with everyone, look at the boards, ask secondary questions, loot everything, read all the books and notes, and you will be happy))

d
dimon-alfa 10.10.22

Tsyfrik
I failed the quest to come to Tesak and there were no warnings

k
kingbaby 10.10.22

dimon-alfa
also had this .. loaded from the save and first came to him got money (after leaving the arena) and then went further along the main quest ..

z
zhekazloy 10.10.22

Basically, there is a failure of the quest stage (almost all quests are multi-stage), the quest itself will be completed ...
approx.
didn’t touch anyone)) and found traces of the monster before the time of accepting the order (counted)
, but there are also annoying mistakes in the main quests that are stopped and only loading an early save helps with the
“
list of harlots” optionally talk with the dwarf (he gives access to the line from the dialogue about the master swordsman)

r
rockandrolllove 10.10.22

Tsyfrik
Thank you! It’s just that I’m trying to go through everything carefully (now lvl 8), there are a lot of tasks, but for higher levels, and I need to go to Oxenfurt across the whole map!) So I think, you need to climb everything first nearby, or this is done specially by the developers in order to somehow diversify the adventure by experiencing the gameplay of different regions and, accordingly, do not go to places not in the square so that later it would be more interesting to come there for the first time!?

T
Tsyfrik 10.10.22

Rockandrolllove
as the developers said - "you need to play the way your heart tells you")) I always did what was closer, and only towards the end of the game I began to run around the regions finishing off orders, treasures and additional quests)) it's better to complete those where the level is lower .. but as said - play as you like))

T
Tsyfrik 10.10.22

dimon-alfa
with Tesak and I had a problem, in my opinion it was a bug that was fixed in version 1.04.