3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
C783RPunk 13.10.22 01:39 pm

Minimap eats FPS! (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The minimap eats up 4 to 8 FPS.

That's optimization for you!

I did not find a solution to the problem, it's not realistic to play without a card.

If anyone can write to the developers about this problem, maybe they will fix it in the next patch.
17 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marquess 13.10.22

with mapa 37, without 30? It seems not critical. Reduce other settings, without them you can play, without a map there is no

s
smiley_alex 13.10.22

And here is the optimization! The minimap is part of the game, and it is clear that it will eat FPS. And by the way, Geralt also eats FPS, as well as his horse and other objects.

f
fianger 13.10.22

Boobs also eat fps, oh how they eat...

C
C783RPunk 13.10.22

Marquess
With a map of 49, no 56. Of course, it's not critical, but those 7 FPS could be spent on something else, such as draw distance or shading.

smiley_alex
Minimap is not a 3D object and not some kind of effect, it should not eat FPS. In what other games does the minimap eat FPS?

Compared in GTA 5, FPS does not change, with or without a map.

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

C783RPunk
well, spend it on something else, play without a minimap, but with an increased range, what's the problem? The optimization of the game is chic, fears about this were in vain, and even this is not enough for you if the computer is shit and you create blogs on such trifles 7FPS! FPS KILLER MINICAP!!! AAAAAAAAA

C
C783RPunk 13.10.22

Bupycop
Is it normal that the minimap eats FPS?
There are worse computers, for example, a person without a card will have 30 FPS, and with it 22 FPS, will the difference be noticeable?

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

C783RPunk
In what other games does the minimap eat FPS?
Final Fantasy XIII/Final Fantasy XIII-2

s
shecter666 13.10.22

lol, no matter what system, the same computers can have different problems, I have 60 fps on the menu, my friend with a computer is more powerful than 15 and is this normal optimization? everything except the vidyuhi works at 50-60%, despite I have a percentage, it doesn’t meet the requirements. For two transfers and such a result, you need to raise the Poles to the pitchfork, and if today, when I buy a video camera for 36k and I don’t have the desired result, I’ll go to Poland and shoot them like Hitler

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

C783RPunk
There are minimal systems for this. requirements, if you have everything on low and at the same time it doesn’t even give out 30fps, then you obviously play with a much weaker configuration, and therefore the second conclusion is that you play on a pirate, I doubt that people whose computer does not pull a stable fps at the minimum have bought game.

M
Maklline66 13.10.22

Apparently there is some kind of leak on the map, or showing objects on it godlessly eats up a lot of resources

n
nig.low 13.10.22

@Bupycop
you
play a pirate

There is no pirate. This time and with this game - everyone is equal, some paid for the game and others test for free. I'll repeat. The game has no protection.
@
C783RPunk
Thanks for the info, I'll have to check with myself.

C
C783RPunk 13.10.22

Bupycop
My config: I5-4670, GTX 770 2GB, 8GB RAM.
In-Game Settings:

My FPS is visible on screenshots, 49 FPS with minimap, 56 FPS without it.
About 30 FPS, I wrote as an example that the difference is very noticeable, of course, some do not feel the difference even at 20 FPS, but I feel the difference at 8 FPS with my eye and hand.

Maklline66, nig.low and all who are interested check it out for yourself.
Write what video card you have and if this problem exists.

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

nig.low Pirate
is a free game, so you can't download it in a convenient way in steam, origin or gog, so she won't download the patch herself, there are no achievements, no those. support, no cloud. So keep thinking that in The Witcher all users are equal.

i
ilya_postal 13.10.22

C783RPunk
I tried turning the card on/off - it didn't affect fps in any way. The video card is also gtx 770 2 GB.

M
Maklline66 13.10.22

C783RPunk Ahem
... given that I have two 780ti plowed in the slab, the difference is somehow not very noticeable. However, the FPS jumps within 10-15 frames, both with and without the card.
But switching from windowed (which is standard) to full-screen (rightmost) mode gave an increase in FPS.

C
C783RPunk 13.10.22

Patch 1.04 fixed the problem, you can close the topic.

K
Kykyryzec 13.10.22

C783RPunk would
have been a 4Gb vidyaha, it would have flown on your transcendent)