3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Yaroslav Bondarev 13.10.22 02:25 pm

Friezes or am I snickering? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

In general, what's the matter: I'm constantly worried about friezes / lags / freezing in the game. I measure fps with fraps, it gives out 48-60 (in different places), however, in some places at 50 fps, the image does not seem to go smoothly, but in others at the same fps it goes smoothly. Here's the question: is it my glitches, or am I not the only one like that?
PS. I5 3570K 3.8 Ghz, RAM - 8GB, video - 2GB. Zelenka 750
Settings: medium-high.
14 Comments
Sort by:
d
david2222 13.10.22

Yaroslav Bondarev I
join the question

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.10.22

Yaroslav Bondarev
Monitor the use of video memory to start. If you fit, then look in the BIOS at what frequency the RAM is running. Set it to the maximum value that the RAM supports
. in AC4 I slightly lowered the video settings so that the video memory was not used above 1200mb (for 570GTX 1270mb). It also helped

S
SaDaR 13.10.22

Den-z2011
It won't help, the problem is in the game and not in the video card
Yaroslav Bondarev
david2222
No, you don't have glitches, there is such a thing. So what needs to be done:
1. If you have a windowed mode - set it to full screen
2. If it's full screen - lock the FPS or vice versa, unlock it if it's locked.
In general, dig deeper with these 2 points, you will find the right solution.

Actually, there was also such a problem, because. I play on high-outrageous ones, I locked it at 30 fps (the game does not give out more than 40 frames with such settings, but with the unlock it was just like that, everything seems to be fine only the image twitches)) + full screen mode and the problem was solved.
And yes, 30 frames is enough for me :) 60 is certainly good, but 30 with beauty is better than 60 with so-so :)

Y
Yaroslav Bondarev 13.10.22

I put it in full screen mode, and unlocked the frames (they were locked)
I also looked at the GPU loading, from 2GB it loads about 1000-1200 (which is strange with high textures)
The RAM frequency is 665. where this infa was). I haven’t run much until the lags are noticeable (it seems to have gotten better), I’ll play more later, I’ll unsubscribe if the problem is solved (at the moment I can’t play for a long time).
PS. also sometimes characters in villages (not quest ones) appear out of nowhere, apparently when I run quickly they don’t have time to load, so this is the iron parameter responsible for “character loading”, I thought the video memory, but it is only 1200 loaded from 2GB

S
SaDaR 13.10.22

Yaroslav Bondarev
It happens with characters, but for me it's quite a rare thing, so I don't pay attention to it. For the whole game I saw this only a couple of times

psL at first did not pay attention to your config - did you have frames locked at 60 fps? if yes, then everything is clear, your vidyushka just doesn’t pull so much and she has to periodically upload frames, that’s why the friezes. I already wrote how I play :) you can use my method :)

And yet - I overclock my GTX 760 before the game from 1022/6008 to 1112/6998

A
Andrey Lemeshev 13.10.22

The same problem, I experimented with graphics settings, with FPS unlocking, removed processes in Windows, nothing helped.

C
Caliscan 13.10.22

I confirm that you need to run in full screen and turn off the FPS limit. I recently had constant drawdowns up to 45 frames and did not rise above 55, and even at 55 the image twitched. It turns out inadvertently when flipping through the settings set the windowed mode without frames. returned to full screen and added 4-5 fps and at 50 everything is very smooth.

S
SaDaR 13.10.22

Andrey Lemeshev
read more carefully, set the full screen mode

A
Andrey Lemeshev 13.10.22

SaDaR
He's already worth it.

G
GONE TO DTF 13.10.22

there is such a topic when loading textures (usually in games that do not have enough HDD normally, give them an SSD). when the fps is normal, but the image is clearly not smooth.

try to catch such a "freeze" and stand for a few seconds and move the camera again.

S
SaDaR 13.10.22

Andrey Lemeshev
then lock the reverse at 60 fps, since your video camera allows it. But this must be done with graphics settings, which imply that without a lock, your fps does not drop below 60. And so put the lock on 30 fps and the friezes should disappear

7Rain7 13.10.22

The 750th giraffe is surprised at something. Smiled.

F
Filis 13.10.22

7Rain7 That
's the point, they say, "Maxwells" are better optimized than "Keplers".

G
GMXardas 13.10.22

Yaroslav Bondarev
I observed this when the game was installed on the HDD, moved it to the SSD, the problem disappeared. 1.03