3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
WTFCK 13.10.22 03:16 pm

Game performance question. (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Hello. In anticipation of the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, I became curious if my hardware would actually pull it. This question arose due to the fact that during the passage of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (Steam license) I noticed that by default the game sets a low graphics level. This fact puzzled me because my computer is not the weakest and certainly satisfies the "Recommended System Requirements" with a vengeance. In general, to the point, I set the settings myself to the maximum and the FPS began to drop to 18-24 fps, on those that the game sets by default - 35-40 fps. Well, the question is - do I really have such weak hardware or is it just a game like this (not optimized or ...)? For example, Dragon Age: Inquisition at maximum FPS but with reduced anti-aliasing is about 50 fps (in the toughest battles it dropped to 42 fps). Share your experience)
My system (NVidia drivers latest 347.88).
Microsoft Windows 8.1;
HexaCore AMD FX-6100, 3315 MHz;
AMD AE34G1339U2 8 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM;
MSI PCI-Ex GeForce GTX 760 TF 2048MB GDDR5;
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" SAT.
I installed the game on an SSD.
15 Comments
Sort by:
M
MassChester87 13.10.22

WTFCK
Turn off extreme quality and you will get 60 FPS in Witcher 2. On my system it gives out 60 and on yours it should, your card is a little faster.

W
WTFCK 13.10.22

MassChester87
Ok, I'll try.

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 13.10.22

nifiga, I have many times worse and then on medium-high rushing.

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

WTFCK
Unsubscribe later, we can in what other problem.

W
WTFCK 13.10.22

MassChester87
ok

W
WTFCK 13.10.22

MassChester87
You were right. Thank you so much 60 FPS on these settings:

Spoiler

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

WTFCK
Was happy to help.

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

WTFCK
Aren't you tired of creating such stupid blogs? No one will tell you for sure whether the game will work and whether it will work comfortably. The system requirements are listed, follow them.

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

WTFCK
On the topic, did you set the settings and did not pay attention to the red box "extraordinary quality"? When you hover, it is written greatly reduces performance.

W
WTFCK 13.10.22

Bupycop
But I once referred to the "Recommended system requirements"! And my question was that my configuration fully complies with these requirements - but for some reason the game slows down. I wrote in my question in Russian "Share your experience)" - why is this blog more stupid than discussing the passage of the same quest (any quest) in the game according to different scenarios, for example ???

W
WTFCK 13.10.22

Bupycop
"On the topic, did you set the settings and did not pay attention to the red column "outrageous quality"? "
I did not pay attention, I confess (

D
Denis Kyokushin 13.10.22

WTFCK
I played this game on a Radeon XFX 4890 1GB
pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru pix.playground.ru

W
WTFCK 13.10.22

Den-z2011
I didn't even think that outrageous quality could reduce productivity so much. Turned off and everything began to fly)

s
sector102 13.10.22

Amd 8150 3.6Ghz; 16GB; GTX 650ti. Here is my system. The settings are the same as for WTFCK and I don’t get more than 35 fps.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

I don't know why. the actual performance of wichner 2 on the extreme for me repeats the performance of vicner 3 on the extreme. the same 30-60 fps.
and vichner 2 finally is badly stupid optimized for the processor eating like hell knows what. pedmak 3 eats more card and less processor. in fact, pedmak 3 completely works my card and two currents by 50-70 percent maximum.