3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Christina Biganova 13.10.22 03:16 pm

Lag on laptop (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Laptop Aspire v3-772g i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz vidyuhi GeForce GT750M 8 RAM.
The video lags behind the sound, plus it reacts slowly to pressing the movement keys or moving the mouse.
Who will tell you what?
38 Comments
Sort by:
S
Slonvprotivogaze 13.10.22

Kristina Biganova
put everything on the minimum wage and increase...

C
Cheater007 13.10.22

Kristina Biganova
Vidyukha is weak, is everything on your low? If after that it lags, then look at the topics about launching on weak computers and laptops. At the very laptop with Geforce GTX870M, at medium-high 30 fps

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

Kristina Biganova Your
processor is good, but the video card just can't cope with the game.

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

Kristina Biganova
responds slowly to movement keys or mouse movements</</i>b>
This should help

T
THOR_MSI 13.10.22

Unfortunately, the performance of the GT 750M is not enough, the optimization of the game is not very good, the processor performance is more than enough, but the video card is needed here much more powerfully. For a comfortable game at least GTX 780M/870M/965M.

b
babek 13.10.22

Guys, a lot has been written but not everything is correct. My laptop is outdated, compared to the laptop of the author of the topic - Kristina Biganova
It is quite possible to play The Witcher 3 on a laptop. What I am doing. The laptop is:
Dell Inspiron 17R / Screen 17.3" (1920x1080) FullHD LED, matte / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU 2.40 GHz / RAM DDR3 1600MGz 8 GB / Seagate HDD 1 TB / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 2 GB / DVD+/-RW / LAN / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth 4.0 / webcam /3.28 kg / housing - aluminum / Windows 8.1 (64-bit) ///

The game was bought on GOG.COM I did not touch the settings at all, as the game set, I still play Namely, at low, quite a decent picture, better than The Witcher 2, I haven’t met any brakes yet.The only thing I did was added to the nVIDIA panel => program settings => Setup program => Witcher3.exe
Select for this program => High performance nVIDIA processor If this is not done, the game will run with integrated video, which of course is not a cake at all;) The game will then start, but there will be terrible brakes.

And yet, I did not install the video driver that Nvidia allegedly released for The Witcher 3. Worth the same one that was from the factory.

The problem of the author of the topic, it seems to me, is in a particular laptop, maybe even in the model. Maybe the system, sorry for the expression, is messed up and requires optimization / defragmentation / cleaning of the registry. Until the rollback to the factory settings.

PS On the issue of optimization.... In my, of course, purely subjective opinion, The Witcher 3, from the first day, I'm doing better than The Witcher 2.

R
ROOTIOS 13.10.22

babek
And it is possible in more detail, what firewood, what settings and resolution and how many fps does it all give out? I myself have the same laptop, only i5 percent, I overclocked the video card to 1000 on the core, so everything is not very comfortable to play, at 1366x768 fps it jumps from 17 to 30.

R
Riddick00x 13.10.22

Cheater007
I have a GTX 770M and I'm wondering what settings you play on your laptop with GTX 870M. And if not difficult, then the exact settings, point by point. Since I also play on medium-high settings, and at low rendering range of vegetation and textures, and the quality is on high and the resolution is 1600x900.
And such a question, the first mission where you ask three visitors questions in a tavern, then your frame rate sags there or not and by how much, since on the street in the village it gives me 30 frames in the tavern drops to 24 frames.
THOR_MSI
GTX 770M is also suitable, forgot to add)))

T
THOR_MSI 13.10.22

Riddick00x
GTX 770M is suitable, but it looks like some conspiracy only goes well on the 900M series), you can even watch the tests, 880m, which is equal to 970M, lags by -10fps, although it should be the same, no matter how much I haven’t tested, everywhere 880M and 970M are equal +- 3fps
http://www.notebookcheck.com/The-Witcher-3-Notebook-Benchmarks.142824.0.html It's

better to wait a bit until they finish it in firewood and patches. The game is worth it to pass, and it will be even better to pass with good fps and at high fps :).

T
Toxa911 13.10.22

AMD Radeon HD 6300M ​​Series

at super minimum is there a chance?????

T
TWIN PEAKS 13.10.22

Toxa911
No

s
sokol-tv 13.10.22

I have about the same laptop. I contacted CD Project support, which was sent. Translation I hope is not needed, everything seems to be clear.

R
Riddick00x 13.10.22

THOR_MSI I
completely agree that in order to play with normal fps and at least stable medium settings, it would be desirable for the developers to finish the game by adding optimizations and more flexible settings.

b
babek 13.10.22

ROOTIOS
You can, as far as possible. Driver version : 331.65 at native screen resolution of 1920x1080. FPS from 10 to 30, it is in the tavern that it falls the most. We should try to play at 1366x768, like you do. Something I did not realize right away. Thanks for the idea :)

By the way, I just discovered that patch 1.03 has already been released and is waiting for me to try it out: D:
If you need my average FPS for the Witcher 3 game, then I will not help you. I don't have fraps on my laptop. There is PlayClaw 5, it makes videos and screenshots amazingly, but it does not have such functions as fraps. At least I didn't find it. And the cost is quite comparable to Fraps: D:

S
SANYOK1992 13.10.22

I would like to turn off the shadows completely, then I would have risen a bit with 20 fps and it would have been nishtyak, laptop 6770m

M
Mr.Nobody.... 13.10.22

MassChester87 Hardware
cursor? And what does it actually affect?

R
ROOTIOS 13.10.22

babek Changed
the driver to different ones, it really does not give anything. In general, now the latter are standing, the processor boost is disabled, the vidyuhi core from the stock 745 is overclocked to 950 MHz (by the way, this is its normal frequency, judging by the technical characteristics on the nvidia website), the temperature does not rise above 65, and the increase in FPS is significant. The resolution is 1366x768, the textures are high, the detail is average, everything else is low + a couple of included features from post-processing, the grass was removed in the config, the fps was locked at 30. Now 25-30 fps is quite playable without drawdowns, if the grass is left then 18-30 fps. PlayClaw 5, by the way, shows the FPS and workload of the processor, vidyuhi, opera, etc., the "Overlays" tab, but MSi Afterburner will be better. I installed patch 1.03, it didn't seem to change anything.

R
ROOTIOS 13.10.22

Mr.Nobody....cursor movement becomes normal, as in the system, without this function, the cursor seems to lag

b
babek 13.10.22

ROOTIOS
I know that PlayClaw 5 has an overlay tab, but I'm talking about something else. Fraps and shows, and considers the average FPS per unit of time. After the test, you look at the report table and analyze;) PlayClaw 5 - just shows FPS. Is that clearer? Of the overlays, I left the fps and time, the rest I turned off as unnecessary.

Overclocking a laptop is somehow very ... extreme :) I have never done this.

M
MassChester87 13.10.22

Mr.Nobody....
Mouse movements.