3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kurbads 13.10.22 06:38 pm

Freezes and slowdowns (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Actually friezes and slowdowns on a fairly powerful hardware, how to solve? (settings included)

10 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vanek2707 13.10.22

Is the hard drive fast?

N
Northern Sky 13.10.22

Stepan Surzhikov
How does fps jump? (from what to what values). On such a system, you can safely set the lock to 40fps - the game will go smoothly, no friezes and lags, all settings are in ultra.

S
Shadows3D 13.10.22

Stepan Surzhikov
, by the way, yes, after patch 1.3 some micro-twitching appeared, especially in the city/village, while fraps consistently shows 60fps (locked at 60fps with vertical)

M
Mr.Nobody.... 13.10.22

On such a computer, it is desirable to block the FPS by, for example, 40 and I think it will be normal, it is also desirable to record such a game as The Witcher on ssd. Since it's still an open world, and because of the hdd, there can also be friezes. But what surprised me is when you play as Ciri and start dodging with the space bar, the game starts to freeze, not much, but still. Runs straight.

c
cergio.net 13.10.22

This is all vaunted optimization)) It seems to be there, but ... it seems like it’s not)

T
Thorgal 13.10.22

I have microfreeze with both 30 fps lock and 60 fps lock. The vertical line is clearly included, where would it be without it. Microfreezes only when walking, running and walking on a horse. When you turn the camera, they are not. When galloping on horseback, too, everything is smooth. In principle, almost all let's players that I've seen play with them, but personally, such parsley annoys me. I'll wait with the game for now, maybe the Poles will adjust a couple more patches. And so fps 50-60 is stable, at least in the White Gardens. Haven't started playing yet.
(Steam license, config in profile)

K
Kurbads 13.10.22

Thorgal
It's just ****** going on for me, when I approach Novigrad, everything freezes, I hope more patches will come out

g
greg5000 13.10.22

Stepan Surzhikov
Turn off v-sync when it freezes.

s
sashok988 13.10.22

Stepan Surzhikov
Well, reduce the settings and it won't.

b
bot_max 13.10.22

The same current is overclocked to 4.2 Hz, Video MSI 970, RAM 12GB. I play at a resolution of 1920 * 1080 below 40 Fps, it does not sag at transcendental quality with the included chips from Nvidia. when I first started the game, there were jerks incomprehensible at a constant frame rate. I got into the Nvidia settings and set it as in the pictures. I also set hair smoothing to x4.
Spoiler