3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Wheatley. 13.10.22 06:38 pm

Video card for antediluvian config

Hi all.
So I decided to update my computer. Now I have such a "Beast":
Dual Core E5300 - processor
https://market.yandex.ru/product/4527771 -
GT 240 motherboard - video card
A couple of DDR2 planks totaling 2 GB
Plus every little thing.
I sat, so I thought, and decided: how long will I sit on this bucket? I decided to update the computer, but I got a problem: I want a computer right away, of course, but I can’t save money - a maximum of 12 thousand will come out. I decided to add another piece of RAM, and insert a good video card. GTX 760 or Radeon R9 285 - so to speak, in order to start the assembly.
And then I thought: after all, performance in games, graphics and other things can increase, but everything rests on the ceiling of my processor and motherboard, since the motherboard barely pulls PCI-E 2.0 x16, the processor is generally rare shit, and the computer, the stump is clear , crap.
So I ask for your advice: should I buy a card or RAM, or build a fast computer without a video card for 20 thousand, and then add it?
9 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rainbow Unicorn 13.10.22

The work of the PC, in general, depends on everything, most likely, your motherboard will not stupidly pull a new vidyukha (I can’t say anything about this motherboard, but judging by ddr2 it is quite old) or the power supply may not withstand such loads and then, at best case, burn the computer nafig. When upgrading a PC from "ancient" to "modern", it is better to do the update immediately and completely, small updates are acceptable when the difference in components is not so huge.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Rainbow Unicorn
Yes, I sat here, thought, and decided that it’s better to sell the Xbox 360, the netbook is old, plus I’ll add a little of my hard-earned money, and I can buy a computer like this:
Intel Core i5-4440 Haswell -
ASUS B85M-G processor - motherboard Kingston HX318C10F
*/8 board -
Deepcool GAMMAXX 200 RAM -
Western Digital WD10EZEX cooler - HDD (I know SSD is better, but expensive)
FSP Group ATX-600PNR 600W - PSU like 80 Plus Bronze,
ACCORD A-80B can be trusted w/ o PSU Black - body, no frills needed

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 13.10.22

Wheatley.
The processor you have is of course ancient and budget. Have you tried overclocking?
Modern budget processor - Stump 3.2 on Haswell. Pulls games at the level of 40-60 fps. In some games and more. It has the ability to overclock by a multiplier.
About buying a new computer. Taking the GTX 760 to the i5-4440 is a pretty good idea. 2 GB of memory is enough for 40-60 fps in many games. RAM you take 2 modules of 4 GB? At a frequency above 1600, you will need to overclock (that is, the controller normally pulls only 2 pods of 1600 each). Maybe it makes no sense from the memory of 1866?
HDD - definitely needed. Terabytes of movies and a dozen modern games can't be written on an SSD? 1 terabyte plate - here I will not say whether this is a plus or a minus in sequential / random access.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
I'm not too tight on the budget, I'll buy a computer in the summer. As for overclocking: the motherboard does not provide overclocking by almost any means, and there is no desire to get into the computer. I take one RAM, although I understand that it will not be very good.

V

Wheatley.
There will be no overclocking on a regular i5 (except for a small one).

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

the couple is more powerful than an office video card from Radeon, I can’t see the point on such a computer to buy
most of the new games on it will not work. all the more so 2 gibo-bo-bo oz,
respectively, and a card for him 260-270 radeon what is there and everything is normal srysis 1 will go to mediocre ones.
if it’s a question of updating the system in parts, you can buy a card so that you can later use it in another computer, then the card is the last thing you need to buy in case of an upgrade extended in time. here

V

MunchkiN 616
270 is certainly not a giant, but on high it will pull Kruzis 1 in FullHD. And there will be no slideshow in Cruises 3:
http://www.hardwareluxx.ru/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/30123-amd-nvidia-test.html?start=7

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
I meant on an old computer. I’m about like this, I couldn’t tighten his maxes. only on the square could.
and buying a new computer ...
since it's so tight with money, it's better to take the schoolchildren's favorite fx8320 8 gigabytes of RAM with 2 handkerchiefs and there they will already fork out for some kind of Radeon 290 or its tax of 380 like that. it just goes down in price a bit.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

I already threw in MunchkiN 616
Dk, you can collect something interesting for 30 thousand, but still ...
As for AMD: I decided to take Intel anyway, since developers usually optimize games for 1-2 cores, but if you look at it in aggregate , then the Intel that I want to take (4470 Haswell) AMD is simply torn apart if it uses all its 8 threads. Therefore, I think AMD is not bad if no more than 15-17 thousand is spent on the processor, and for an ordinary person more power is not needed.