3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Spartak_13 13.10.22 07:44 pm

Possible HDD agony.

There are vague doubts that the HDD is dying. How to confirm or refute your fears?
10 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 13.10.22

Spartak_13
First of all, it is necessary to determine what causes vague doubts. And to refute or confirm later. What was the reason to believe that the screw is dying?

R
Rainbow Unicorn 13.10.22

There can be many signs, the list of all possible options will be a kilometer long, it is easier to describe why such assumptions are made, then it will be possible to answer whether this moment has a place here or not

S
Spartak_13 13.10.22

Belomorkanal
Hangs, you know, in the form of a certain screenshot.

PS. In addition, he is already five years old. The purges were regular.

B
Belomorkanal 13.10.22

Spartak_13
Excuse me... what?

S
Spartak_13 13.10.22

Belomorkanal
Without any bsods, errors and other things. It just hangs. On open pages most often. Didn't notice it in games.

B
Belomorkanal 13.10.22

Spartak_13
Does the whole system hang completely? Even a cursor? And in games does not hang? Hardly happens because of the "dying" screw. Moreover, he is only 5 years old, he is still too young to die of old age.

S
Spartak_13 13.10.22

Belomorkanal
Yes, and even a cursor. It didn't seem to be in the games.

PS. Leapfrog began after cleaning from dust. Mb, did I damage something on the board?

B
Belomorkanal 13.10.22

Spartak_13
Before looking for hardware jambs, try to find software ones. Most likely the problem is with the software, not with the hardware.

S
Spartak_13 13.10.22

Belomorkanal
try to find software.

Would also like to know what to look for. Prog did not install new ones, with the exception of 3dmax. Yes, and these shoals were already after its uninstallation.

W
Wheatley. 13.10.22

Defrag, Format (last resort)
To start HDDScan, check thoroughly. If beaten sectors, then little can be done.