3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
StingerXS 13.10.22 09:48 pm

GTA Vice City: Remastered (Grand Theft Auto: Vice City)

This assembly is nothing but assembly of HQ texture mods (J.Hotton) Xbox transport (DimZet13) and cleo mods of many famous scripters. This hodgepodge is an emission of the anniversary version of GTA VC. AK47 returned to the game, many vehicles added (Blista III. premier. dodo. HPV-1000. Beagle, Crop Duster, Rustler, Diablos Stallion.) the ability to swim, parkour, slides, dynamic shadows, etc.
8 Comments
Sort by:
D
Double Agent 13.10.22

And exactly where is she?

S
StingerXS 13.10.22

Screenshots
Spoiler

pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ru
pix.playground.ruIf you have a suggestion of what and how the game is missing, leave your wishes =)

Double Agent
Actually, it hangs on my hard drive, and is under development, the assembly of GTA III is similar

S
StingerXS 13.10.22

Till Lindermann...
It was possible, but it seems to me so interesting, in the future I will probably replace all vehicles with the one from SA

http://www.playground.ru/files/gta_vc_san_andreas_to_vice_city_vehicle_mod-29963/

G
Grandshot 13.10.22

StingerXS
the ability to swim, parkour, slides, domic shadows, etc.
"Donamic" - from the word donat? =D

To be honest, all this is absolutely superfluous. And especially the ability to swim. It doesn't fit into the game at all. The ocean is, as it were, made specifically to limit the movement of the character if he does not have a boat. Therefore, I advise you to reconsider the use of these mods.

Well, I wish you good luck with the assembly of this "hodgepodge". I could also add some of my own mods to the game. You can learn modding quickly, the main thing is to have ideas for your mods;)

S
StingerXS 13.10.22

Grandshot Fixed
:D

S
StingerXS 13.10.22

Till Lindermann...
I agree, but I'm not trying to keep the time frame, I'm trying to transform the old Weiss, while maintaining the atmosphere and style of the game
Well, thanks for the sober opinion, all wishes will be taken into account

C
C_O_M_R_A_D_E 13.10.22

It would be nice to find a way to completely port the version from androyd (GTA: Vice City 10th Anniversary), otherwise it will be another pass-through mod with hd textures and models, there are a lot of such mods in the vastness of the torrent.
Moreover, from the technical side, this is doable (difficult but doable) the most "simple" way to write a special emulator (not a universal emulator, but a special one for running a specific game), and Chinese programmers ported the Plants vs. Zombies 2 was a short android exclusive.

G
Grandshot 13.10.22

_Comrade_
I wish I could find a way to completely port the version from android (GTA: Vice City 10th Anniversary), otherwise it will be another pass-through mod with hd textures and models, there are a lot of such mods on the torrent. Moreover, from the technical side, this is doable (difficult but doable ) the "easiest" way to write a custom emulator
There is already an Android emulator that probably supports games as well. But anyway, that's not it. The mobile version is nothing more than a PC port with some additions. It is absolutely possible to transfer all changes. Confirmation - a mod for dynamic shadows, which is already available in the assembly of which the topic is dedicated (Of course, these shadows were not transferred from the reissue, but made differently, but that's not the point). But it is almost unrealistic that someone will take care of this transfer.

For example:
1) Well-developed hands for character models in cutscenes. You can transfer them without writing additional plugins or scripts. It is necessary to redo the cutscenes a little and re-save them into one cuts.img archive (in xbox, as well as mobile, several img archives are used, so just copying the anim folder will not work). But there are a lot of cutscenes in the game, and it will be a laborious process to do this with each one.
The second way is crude - just transplant the models with hands onto standard cutscen "bones", or remove the bones in the models that are responsible for additional fingers. But in this case, you can forget about "animations of fine motor skills of fingers". Fingers going through each other in the cutscenes will look even weirder than the flippers of the original characters)

2) Detailed textures. They are also supported in the original game, and this "undocumented feature" was discovered by modders even before the release of the mobile version of Weiss (Read the topic "modifications" of the GTA 3 section on this site). Moreover, even simple bump textures and fake reflection maps are supported, which were not used anywhere in the original or in the reissue. But the way to create such materials for textures is extremely tedious. Some kind of utility that creates *.txd with all these features just based on the parameters entered would come in handy. However, maybe someday this program will appear =)

All of the above is quite possible for an average modder with certain knowledge in computer graphics, but patience is most likely not enough)