3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Beshens 13.10.22 10:08 pm

About Saskia and more (spoilers) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Many have played The Witcher 2 and know firsthand who Saskia is. In this article I would like to enlighten some points regarding this person and not only. But everything is in order. Those who do not want unnecessary spoilers from the Witcher saga, refrain from reading, for the most part this article is for those who are familiar with the works of Sapkowski.
The dragon is a very rare flying sentient creature that has the appearance of a lizard. It is assumed that the monsters represent the forces of Chaos who seek to destroy everything on the territory of the continent. Other than cats, dragons are the only creatures capable of absorbing magical energy from nature. Using the obtained powers, the dragons, for some unknown reason, use it to collect vaults with untold riches in their lair. After their passion is satisfied, the dragon falls into lethargy for a long time until the first appearance of an external stimulus.
Did you know that among the dragons there is also a kind of analogue of the witcher? Borch Three Jackdaws is a knight-errant who carries no weapons. His weapons - two Zerrikan girls Thay and Vey - follow him. As it turns out later, under the guise of a noble and just person, the golden dragon Villentretenmert is hiding - a semi-mythical creature who, unlike most of his relatives, likes people. Those who read the Witcher saga understood (remembered) who I am talking about, for those who do not know, I will make it clear that Saskia is not the only representative of her kind, there are a number of dragons in the Witcher universe, although not so many. Known such as: Okvist, Mirgtabrakke, Zerrikanterment and Saesentessis). You probably noticed the name of the last of the representatives of the genus. This is our Saskia.
We will return to her. We are now interested in another of the representatives - Mirgtabrakke. In the story from Andrzej Sapkowski's collection "The Limit of the Possible" there was a scene: Geralt meets with the Kmets who poisoned the green dragon, she is Mirgtbrakke. The dragon calls for help Villentretenmert, who in return takes "under his wing" her most important treasure, her cub, who received the name Saesentessis. Leaving offspring, flew away in an unknown direction. Here you can talk about destiny, only now it’s not about the destiny of Cirilla to the Witcher, but about Saskia Borhu (whose relationship could be wrapped in a separate book).
From what has been written above, it is clear that Saskia is the same "daughter" of Borch as Cirilla is to Geralt. They both found their destiny and both protected and will protect it.
For those in the know, this information might be helpful and provide some food for thought. I advise everyone else to read the works of Andrzej Sapkowski.
In conclusion, I will say that for me Borch and Geralt are two sides of the same coin. Will we see the legendary golden dragon Borja-Villentretenmerth in The Witcher 3?
12 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Yushimitsy 13.10.22

It is unlikely that we will see her, but I would like to continue to fight for Vergen and put Geralt in the front rows at the coronation of Queen Saskia and King Iorvet.D

G
GhostKasio 13.10.22

Yushimitsy
is not hers, but his)

B
Bupycop 13.10.22

Well done, I’ll just put a plus sign for an informative blog and efforts. And then my eyes hurt from the stupid questions of schoolchildren and dozens of monotonous blogs ...

B
Beshens 13.10.22

wassups
Not at all for the digression, maybe in the future I will indulge more) Let me clarify a couple of points. Firstly, speaking of the witcher dragon, I meant precisely the “extermination” of people on his part, I thought this was understandable. Secondly, about the child-surprise. I didn’t want to mislead anyone with the phrase: “From what was written above, it is clear that Saskia is the same “daughter” of Borch as Cirilla Geralt”, I only wanted to emphasize the degree of their “kinship”, although not by blood, but by soul.

Y
Yushimitsy 13.10.22

GhostKasio
is not his but hers or do you not digest strong girls?

G
GhostKasio 13.10.22

Why don’t I digest Yushimitsy
?) very much)

B
Beshens 13.10.22

wassups
Borch coexists with some of the people, while others "exterminate", because it is his nature, the dragon - the representative of Chaos. Although he did not kill that "rabble", there were circumstances for that. But at the beginning of the story there is a scene in which he just kills, albeit with the hands of Zerrikans. In this sense, Geralt and Borch are the embodiments of Order and Chaos, each of them cleans up the "extra" representatives, one of the human race, the other of the monsters.

X
X7Combinator 13.10.22

According to the book, Geralt never killed dragons, and there were many opportunities in the game not to kill Saskia, so with a probability of 85% I predict that Saskia will

X
X7Combinator 13.10.22

Beshens
Why not. The character is interesting, and has not yet appeared in the game.Beshens

X
X7Combinator 13.10.22

Beshens
Geralt didn't spare the bandits either.

K
K0r3sh 13.10.22

Or maybe they will release an add-on in which it will just be about a knight named Borch Three Jackdaws. I say addon because a simple quest chain that only tangentially affects him, Borja, would be a very big stink from the CDRP. After all, after all, we met his “daughter” and, most likely, we will meet again, and perhaps even save her. In general, I would like to be able to sit and talk with him in a tavern, and at the same time drink to Caleb Stratton and slaughter a couple of people for the glory of Khorne... that is, Chaos. I wanted to say Chaos.

s
seffko 13.10.22

looks like it will be in the dlc