3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RGC 13.10.22 10:19 pm

Armor in the game (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

It seemed to me alone from the gameplay videos that most of the armor looks like grandfather's quilted jackets? It seems that only medium armor will be normal for LOR, because light armor is simply terrible in appearance, and in heavy Geralt is clad in heavy armor with a shoulder
23 Comments
Sort by:
F
Flow4Master 13.10.22

Yes, all normal armor. Or do you want to dress Geralt in tight pink latex armor? Well, mods will solve this issue.

R
RGC 13.10.22

Flow4Master
I'm talking about this, that the situation you described, in my opinion, can be implemented without mods

F
Flow4Master 13.10.22

Scopolamine
Well, it seems to me that if you do LOR, then there will be very little armor in general, as in the first part. As far as I remember, both players and critics complained about this.

_
_TEZ_ 13.10.22

Let the armor be like in the second part, and that's all.

I
IceMuse 13.10.22

Scopolamine
I remember someone told me about grandfather
's padded jackets in reviews of the witcher on "neighboring" sites) But in fact: yes, light armor looks like "sheepskin coats" ... but in principle ... this is a fantasy "Slavic" and besides trying to "be friends" with realism. And the real armor of those times - to put it mildly, is not quite beautiful ... For them (and this is logical) practicality and protection are important (for certain types, a certain protection is natural) ... and not appearance ... we will have to come to terms ...

A
Alex Sazonov 13.10.22

The category of light armor includes "stuffed armor" (quilted jacket), protection only from tangential blows (wounds) or shock absorption. Stuffed aketon, gambeson, quilt ...

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 13.10.22

And why does Gerald need gothic armor, m:
Spoiler
He should have leather-studded armor. It's pointless criticism in my opinion. No. The criticism itself makes sense. But otherwise... If there are armor in the game, this is already nonsense. Gerald is not a knight.

I
IceMuse 13.10.22

Alex Sazonov
sobsno I'm talking about the same ... In fact, what to expect in appearance and in protection from "light armor" in real life? Cushioning some blows and so on, but outwardly it will be like a quilted jacket ...

I
IceMuse 13.10.22

THURISAZ
this armor in the Inquisition would be completely appropriate) WELL, you understand what I mean)

A
Alex Sazonov 13.10.22

IceMuse
Well, the Poles took as a basis (and Sapkowski too) a real-life time period in Western Europe. Clothing, weapons, everyday life ... there are no ridiculous swords and sledgehammers from DAI, which is very good for the atmosphere)

S

IceMuse
Well, that's understandable. I myself love medieval things and armor. But here they are in place. And in the Inquisition they are too anime, so to speak. Not that anime, but too ... fantasy. Here. And the Witcher, as it were, is also fantasy, but it is. Other. Well, in short, you understand)

I
IceMuse 13.10.22

Alex Sazonov
I agree) I talked about this

I
IceMuse 13.10.22

THURISAZ
I was talking about that picture that you posted)

A
Anatoly1977 13.10.22

Why does a witcher need heavy armor? He is sharp, like an electric broom, he needs speed and freedom of movement.
In the book, he wore a leather jacket...

S

IceMuse
So the picture is a real armor from the Gothic era) Almost a piece copy. Gerald will not be able to hunt normally in it =(

R
RGC 13.10.22

In my opinion, this is just a nightmare, either a skirt or shorts.

Spoiler

R
RGC 13.10.22

In Play Station Access, the guys posted videos on the witcher, their subscribers asked why you supposedly dressed Geralt as a clown. And he says, at the moment this is the best equipment that I have. So, apparently, for the sake of protection, you will have to suppress a sense of aesthetics in yourself

A
Alex Sazonov 13.10.22

And I am for "historicity" in the game ... look on the net what simple landsknechts were wearing in Europe, practicality, convenience, and possibly cost are important there. But it's not aesthetic beauty.

X
X_ray_83 13.10.22

Return the Raven armor .... ahhh ....
And I saw the armor protection "0", probably for true hardcore)))

m
marvelosi 13.10.22

The guys run through the fields and rocks and under water and caves for more than 20 hours in search of this armor ->

Spoiler

Please tell me where it is or a recipe for it, thanks in advance !!!