3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vanek2707 13.10.22 10:54 pm

Problems with Russian voice acting. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

The bottom line is this: The characters talk either quickly, or normally, or slowly. The problem is that when you speak quickly and slowly, the sound of speech is very distorted. Especially in slow replicas, different sound artifacts are heard. This is very annoying. There is a suspicion that in post-production, the recorded voices were very clumsily compressed and stretched in time to get into the facial expressions and movements of the lips of the characters. Perhaps the reasons are something else. What do you think about this?
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
Smail87 13.10.22

Most likely. The mental efforts of our localizers do not fit into the time frame in these scenes. so alas (our great and mighty Russian language is to blame))

V
Vanek2707 13.10.22

Smail87
The Russian language is very flexible, you can customize it as you like and get an excellent result.

S
Smail87 13.10.22

Vanek2707
is apparently not so flexible, since they could not.
I just don't see any other reason.

N
Negih 13.10.22

It's not the first time I've seen this thread. SdRed made an "innovative" feature - adjusting speech to characters' lips. Tk this is the first use of it, it looks like we observe

D
DRAGONSLAYER62 13.10.22

How can I disable this feature?

V
Vanek2707 13.10.22

Negih
It would be nice if this is an automatic feature and can be disabled. But most likely the audio files themselves are already fucked up and nothing can be done.

P
Puzaa 13.10.22

nahabin
The Witcher 3 has no concept of faces or pirates. Game without protection.

V
Vanek2707 13.10.22

nahabin
What does a pirate have to do with it .. This happens on the face in the incentive

S
Savyonok 13.10.22

In fact, when films are translated, for example, there are special people in the localization team who are responsible for rebuilding phrases so that they fall into timings with foreign speech. In games, unfortunately, there are apparently no such people in the teams of localizers. Hence the problem. There are also people who are responsible only for the sound and everything connected with it. In 1C, there are no such people, apparently.