3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Krolleg 13.10.22 11:31 pm

Manual editing of configs (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I confess. I play on a bucket (config in profile). Moreover, this laptop is four years old. The minimums do not correspond and close. I can already smell the tomatoes flying at me. But let's leave the taunts.
And now the question itself: has anyone tried to manually edit the configs and did it work out? I myself poked around in them, but I did not see any visual or FPS results. Can there be any guide on the correct editing of configs? I also did not find how to register the resolution myself, because 720p is not set through the game.
Steam license. At minimum, about 10fps (built-in steam counter).
14 Comments
Sort by:
g
gerasader 13.10.22

Farrneel
Well, the very first thing that comes to mind - first try to optimize through experience (although he will most likely refuse). Secondly, you really have a bucket for a witcher, but it’s almost impossible to achieve better results, only overclocking, cooling and other shamanism.

K
Krolleg 13.10.22

gerasader
Overclocking a laptop is tantamount to burning it yourself. The processor itself is hot and even after cleaning in the summer heat it gives out 75-90 degrees. Experience optimizes for in-game settings, but I want to cut all the effects to hell through the configs themselves.

S
Shadows3D 13.10.22

Farrneel
plz explain why to play if you cut all the effects??? if you want an RPG on a note - play Pillars, Original Sin and other rubbish in 2.5D

K
Krolleg 13.10.22

Shadows3D
I don't play effects. The richer, the more happy. Pilars and the sofa played enough, and besides, the sofa is in 3D, not 2.5D as you wrote.

S
Shadows3D 13.10.22

Farrneel
okay, let it be 2.7D, it's just that games of this level are not created on laptops and are not intended for them, and I think the answers on manual editing will be only at least by the evening, or even later

N
Nehalim 13.10.22

Farrneel
Given the engine that hasn't changed, then check out the themes with the second witcher ...

K
Krolleg 13.10.22

In the config, also, I could not remove the shadows. Only the range of their drawing and quality. It is somehow strange when the shadow is drawn only two meters from the GG. Killing effects and grass did not give an increase in FPS.
Pick ...DocumentsThe Witcher 3user.setting

O
Odysseus1234 13.10.22

Farrneel
I start tinkering in the config

O
Odysseus1234 13.10.22

Farrneel
well, what did he achieve?

S
Shego 13.10.22

I'm also thinking of digging into the file, the system requirements practically meet the minimum requirements. Phenom II X4 955, 8GB of RAM and the card is already outdated, but pulling GTA 5 at 60 fps GTS 450. The Witcher gives out the purest 30 fps in dialogues, but in the open world it is 10-15 fps, not at all playable.

I
Interloper888 13.10.22

It would be nice to know the descriptions of all parameters in the "user.settings" file

O
Odysseus1234 13.10.22

Interloper888
would also remove this hair physics, that is, generally remove hair twitching

I
Interloper888 13.10.22

here is a detailed setup http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

_
_Y_ 13.10.22

There was a blog on PG where they wrote that in the xml and ini files it would be possible to change the sharpness filter so that the graph at least somehow looked like the graphics of the 2013 build. Has anyone found such settings?