3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Denis Nikonov 13.10.22 11:40 pm

Which antiviruses to trust?

I often observed how one antivirus writes to the same file that it is a Trojan, another writes Hacktool, a third writes Riskware, a fourth writes that no threats were detected, etc.

But what really? Is this file secure (doesn't steal passwords, etc.) or can it be harmful?

If the antivirus writes Trojan or Malware - when to believe that this is really Malware?

Why they write Trojan in cracks - I can still understand (they protect the rights so that they buy licensed programs), but what did the trainers, patches for games not please? Or some kind of program that does not quack a paid program, but it is called malware. But I did not notice any malicious activity in Malware Defender.
5 Comments
Sort by:
V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 13.10.22

Denis Nikonov
I don't know what kind of thing your Malware Defender is, but for example, my antivirus on pure proactive in my test missed 42% only from the group of viruses known to it. That is, you need to know how many millions of viruses your program knows and how reliable it is (but you didn’t run these files before checking Malware Defender, did you?).
It is usually believed that Casper honestly writes in cracks that he is a crack. Not bad Dr.Web, but he (maybe) does not know every 15th virus.
In general, there is https://www.virustotal.com/.

Z.Y. Actually that 1 of 15 files:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2852f21dd747be7e793f59ca3145736d4913d2e925c89e95764357d26f8d582e/analysis/1395334563/
DrWeb proved to be at the level of some not very well-known antiviruses, while the file itself was broken (I had "impossible to run in Win32 mode").

V

In general, there is an interesting idea:
HitmanPro - uses Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Emsisoft, G Data, Ikarus engines.
But MBAM may not have all (even very ancient) viruses in its databases.

V

In fact, by running any "virus", you can just get a change in the browser's start page (adding to shortcuts). That is, no antivirus will solve your problem later.

b
billypit 13.10.22

Don't believe in anyone. Everyone misses. Have watched this many times.
And they work on cracks because of the principle of their work.
And the poorest ones also slow down the system.
Pay more attention to what and where you download.
Then the antivirus program will have less chance of making a mistake.

V

Yes, what we have:
1. A crack can be detected as a Trojan. Or maybe a game with a Trojan is really heard on the tracker.
2. Any trojan (which is not yet the fact that your AV detects) can have the following properties (in order of decreasing consequences):
a) Trojan.Encoder;
b) Trojan.HDDKill;
c) Trojan.AVKiller.