3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dmitry Glazov 13.10.22 11:59 pm

Mistakes? unofficial maps in linux version 1.17 (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

with the release of 1.17 I tried to install new cards.
MHAPro 1.9 for 1.17 the effect is interesting in the picture, pay attention to the navigator display fonts.
img.playground.ru/images/9/5/ets2_00093.png "
_
_

1 departure when driving from Dresden to Erfut through the interchange replaced, and when trying to drive both directly to Erfut and go down the map, the
departure looks like this
00:22:04.113 : [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tex_coord_0)
00: 22:04.113 : [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/automat/8e/ f4ea5ec177c9ef946f848839233fac37875f9b .mat - shadow)
and so on 11 times... :-(
Approximately the same error was found in the version for poppy in promods 1.9.1. more - Google is not recognized.
12 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex Brody 13.10.22

Dmitry Glazov
So you are a happy owner of Linux? How much RAM do you have?

v
vovangt4 13.10.22

Dmitry Glazov
If you have a license, write to the developers! It was they who ruined the engine, before the games from SCS on this engine worked only on OpenGL, and in ETS2 the engine was ruined and on OpenGL it works poorly compared to Directx! That is why there are such friezes!

v
vovangt4 13.10.22

Alex Brody
OpenGL consumes much less resources compared to DirectX! About one and a half times, and mainly for this reason, SCS games have never been very demanding! And ETS2 has already overtaken the famous Crysis 3 in this parameter, and if they don’t change it, they will be chasing this parameter already with Assasins Creed Unity

l
losevo58 13.10.22

Dmitry Glazov Are
fonts readable on official maps? Linux can curve.
Read online about this issue. You may have to change the fonts in the Fonts folder

D
Dmitry Glazov 13.10.22

losevo58
There are no problems on official maps.

D
Dmitry Glazov 13.10.22

Alex Brody
8 gigs, though the system is 32 bits. pae

D
Dmitry Glazov 13.10.22

vovangt4
yeah, I'll tell them so that when connecting unofficial cards, my game crashes. :-)

l
losevo58 13.10.22

Dmitry Glazov
What is the map on the screenshot. And switch to Windows. There are no problems with games on it.

v
vovangt4 13.10.22

Dmitry Glazov
What cards don't cause problems? With default?

v
vovangt4 13.10.22

losevo58
Games from SCS have been working on OpenGL all their lives and, accordingly, there were no problems on the same Linux! In the first ETS, DirectX support was introduced, but anyway, in OpenGL, the game worked faster and allowed you to set the best graphics settings and mods worked better in OpenGL! And now they have converted their engine to DirectX only because they were paid by small-timers. They pay most developers to switch to the brake DirectX, the popularity of Windows depends on this, and it just recently began to fall.

D
Dmitry Glazov 13.10.22

losevo58
as far as I remember it was Mario 10.2, but there the effect arose when traveling to Italy, mainly in the border area. :-)
was also on the Eastern Express at the border crossing to Ukraine from Rostov.
but these were glitches like here they are, and nowhere else.
On the map MHAPro 1.9 for 1.17, the effect occurs after 5-10 minutes of the game, and often when choosing a load.

D
Dmitry Glazov 13.10.22

switching to Windows is very difficult for me, it is very difficult for me to work with Windows, and many tasks that have been solved and are being performed under Linux are very difficult to implement on Windows.
and the car is not very cool.