3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nic101 13.10.22 11:59 pm

Upgrading your fortress (Pillars of Eternity)

Guys, tell me what is better to download in the castle first? How much and when should you hire mercenaries? Already 3 times the bandits take the money. How to protect yourself from this? And anyway, I would be grateful for any advice! Thank you!
5 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Yushimitsy 13.10.22

Download what you want, there is no big difference. Hire the maximum. The bandits will rob, therefore, build defensive buildings, and in general, they take pennies for this. Go through the game and rebuild the fortress, that's all, don't worry about the rest,

i
ironHAMMER.ms 13.10.22

Karoch the fortress has two parameters - security (castle) and fame (crown). The higher the fame - the more taxes collected, the higher the chance of good guests, but also the higher the chance that the fortress will be attacked. High security reduces the chance of an attack on the fortress and increases the chance that the taxes collected will go to the player and not be plundered along the way. Theoretically, you need to maintain a balance between fame and security, but I develop a fortress like this: first I rebuild the citadel (for the sake of the barracks), then all the buildings that give only security, then combined, and at the very end those that give fame. I take standard mercenaries the same way. Why exactly? Because all sorts of bandits or evil (and sometimes VERY evil) creatures from endless paths have a habit of attacking the fortress.

N
Nic101 13.10.22

Thanks comrades for the tip. And then in the reviews in general terms only.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.10.22

if the security is shorter than the elite, taxes will not be squandered;
if the elite is, the elite mercenaries of the Cubans and the boyars will come. bboyares still add elitism when they are visiting,
and protection doesn’t seem to affect the gop stop raids in any way. they run according to other laws , what to
build in the first turn - for example, I built something that every move gives all sorts of garbage, this is a garden and some kind of shop. then you need crap that will give a bonus to the mechanics and safety to download
the rest of the buildings are useless at an early stage.

_
_Grads 13.10.22

Everything is ambiguous with the fortress. I am now going to the checkpoint, I have only built a gatehouse to receive orders for my heads. No problem. Money is also dripping - a complete random, an empty fortress or a completely rebuilt one. There were even fewer attacks on her. The junk that you can get from buildings has nowhere to put everything - to go to sleep there for a long time (if only for now in Endless Ways).
If you hire mercenaries in the fortress, then it’s completely PPC - they receive a salary on time, and everything else is on the moves (one quest - one move), the number of quests is limited - there are as many as there are. Here you can sleep (and you need to go to the tavern more often), go to the tavern at a loss - time passes, money for mercenaries too, but it’s not so fast to earn them. There is not the slightest sense from them, they only interfere in battle, and God forbid they get AoE - you will have to kill them too (if the bandits do not have time).
The prison is also not sugar, for one peaceful solution to the quest in the end it may come in handy. But if you push someone there - 50/50 will run away, if you get ~ 1k ransom, then the loot would probably be better than this money.
Like, if you build, then at the beginning, but at the beginning you need money anyway, and in the second half of the game there is a lot of money, but it’s already useless to build, because there are few moves (quests) left and there will be even less sense from the fortress.