3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
humanist 14.10.22 12:49 am

Unlocking content on a license (Resident Evil: Revelations 2)

Acquired the first episode of the license (5 GB in total). The missing files (the rest of the episodes and all the DLC - 18 GB in general) downloaded from a clean, identical Steam-Rip license, placed in the game directory. The cache (with linking new content to my product) was also placed on Steam (steamapps, depotcache). Nothing has changed in the game, the purchase of content is offered. After that, I completely removed my entire distribution kit and instead installed Steam-Rip (but no longer a rip, since it was unpacked) entirely, nothing has changed. This was done in order to add and unlock everything that my version lacks (and it lacks nothing besides the first episode). Then I installed only a few "tablet" files (for the sake of experiment), everything worked, which was to be expected, but in this case my "license" does not make sense, because in fact I play an ordinary pirate. I tried to set up, in fact, a tablet, to understand the principle of action and wrap it in my favor - to no avail. I passed the first episode, and if it turned out that my license code for RE.NET would not be of any use, I lost the ability to update files and enter the network through the game and my RE.NET profile - it's okay, but even the achievements are not unblocked, that is, no contact with Steam at all ...
Any advice (no, not about buying, alternative)?
10 Comments
Sort by:
A
Agles 14.10.22

Don't mess with your brains with all sorts of bullshit and dancing with a tambourine and don't be a jerk! The developers also want to eat, buy a license and play calmly.

h
humanist 14.10.22

Any advice (no, not about buying, alternative)? X2

h
humanist 14.10.22

In this case, is it possible to get Steam achievements by playing a licensed game, but with a tablet (a la pirate)? Achievement Manager does not offer.

i
imitator26 14.10.22

You can’t open the achievement while playing pirates, because Steam does not see a license for them. What problems? Play pirate and forget about achievements or buy faces. copy.

h
humanist 14.10.22

imitator26
The problem is that I can't play the full license without a tablet and it turns out that I play on a license with a tablet :D

s
saa0891 14.10.22

deSeRt EaGlE .50c

If you have bought all the episodes, then delete the game (look in my documents no matter what is left), clean the registry, and download the game from steam again, everything should work.

h
humanist 14.10.22

saa0891
Not all episodes are bought, that's the point, otherwise I wouldn't need experiments with a tablet :D Only the first one was bought, the rest were downloaded from Steam-Rip (identical to licensed ones, without binding), Steam-cache is also present (16 manifest files in the depotcache folder and the "appmanifest_287290" file with distribution data in the SteamApps folder). However, the system does not recognize them and offers to purchase all content except for the first episode. I need to understand how the binding is carried out when buying and simulate a similar one artificially.

s
saa0891 14.10.22

deSeRt EaGlE .50c

Not all episodes are bought, that's the point.

That's right, that's the point, you won't have a pirate work in the incentive.

d
darkpromo 14.10.22

Just by downloading the files, you will not bind the game to the acc.

h
humanist 14.10.22

saa0891
blazer666
Guys, and you are caps... I write about this from the first message, that it's not so simple, and if you want to remind me about it, it's better not to write anything, unless you are experts in game hacking and artificial binding purchased content to purchased content.