3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex Hawk 21.10.22 11:21 am

GPU, CPU and FPS usage - declining over time (Cyberpunk 2077)

So. It's been a while since the release. This problem was on the release and remained with me personally to this patch. Entering the game, everything is in order - vidyuha 99%, percent somewhere where necessary in the region of 50% and so on. But the longer I'm in the game, the lower all these values. As if some kind of game cache is loading and over time, both the GPU and the CPU fall (proportionately). Accordingly, the FPS drops. At the same static place at the exit from the game (after 3 hours of play) 50 fps, and at the entrance to the game 79 fps. There are suspicions that this is only with FSR (both with the game and with modified 2.0) such bagulina, but without it there is no way to play on gtx 1060 6 GB. Processor i7-4770k and 16 gigs of ddr3 RAM.
We kindly ask you not to shower with "assumptions". Only if you know for sure about this problem and know how it is solved or what caused it.
3 Comments
Sort by:
x
xstriiim 17.11.22

No guessing, exactly the same problem and it's definitely not fsr, since I have rtx and tried different settings and yes, this problem has been present since the release. The odd thing is that some have it, some don't. Solved the problem? Maybe at least you got a taste of what's the matter? Although, in our forums, in foreign ones, there are only questions and assumptions, for 2 years now) I sent a question to CD Projekt, but only after 2 weeks they replied with the standard one - "update the driver" ...

M
MunchkiN 616 17.11.22

you can try to increase the paging file to double the amount of RAM and do it only on the system disk or dedicated ssd if everything is on sdd disks.
mono try to constantly lock the fps by 30
, you can try to increase the amount of RAM if the swap file during the game learns much more than the amount of RAM in PeKa.
I did not use fsr because it reduced fps and made the strongest out of sync with tracing, which gave an explosion of artifacts. It's better to just lower the resolution.
in the case of a stupid video card, you can suspect that in fact it may not have enough memory for resource streaming. try to call the amount of loaded vram and load memory controllers through msi afterburner. Normally, the load of memory controllers should tend to 0. If it is not for, then there is not enough bandwidth for the pitch.

I observed similar problems with some streamers and letsplayers not specifically in this game. they started to deal with the fact that they reset the graphics settings on the part of the video card. it didn't help. then they reset the settings on the cpu part, this led to the clearing of the memory and the game started to work, and I was in a soapy frenzy.
I can’t name the exact reason now, but I didn’t realize it for a long time. peck-peck.

M
Manwie 17.11.22

Alex Hawk
On some forum I read that this is due to folding. Like, even in the early tests of the game, testers were asked not to turn off the game. The truth is, for the life of me, I couldn’t DO NOT turn it off.