3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DEDGAMER 21.10.22 11:48 am

Pirate or license? (A Plague Tale: Requiem)

However, joy for pirates, the GOG version has already been released.
13 Comments
Sort by:
P
PREDATOR7706 21.10.22

A pirate, of course, in our time, what kind of .... Faces

S
Snow70 21.10.22

Already downloaded GOG, why buy a license? =)

h
hybrid map 21.10.22

PREDATOR7706
In our time - yes, otherwise I'm in favor of supporting developers

S
SkrepcheZaVR 21.10.22

ONLY LICENSE! Sofa critics))

N
N_O_M_A_D152 25.10.22

In connection with the sanctions, I stopped buying licenses anywhere!
Firstly, hemorrhoids with the purchase (blocking of payment systems, etc.), which the companies themselves arranged (well, that's their business, they want to cut their profits, let them cut it).
Secondly, the lack of localization in many projects.
And thirdly, the risk that the game will be stupidly taken away in the incentive or anywhere after the purchase.
Although I have a decent library of games (purchased before the well-known events) in the incentive (120+ games) and I am generally for thanking the developers of good games with a penny.

n
nadejda777 25.10.22

I personally only for licensed games and software. Just banal logic, since we demand some kind of quality from manufacturers, we must somehow encourage their activities. Or, for example, I will tell you from personal experience. I work for a radio audit firm. We are often on the road, checking and compiling reports on networks. And we always recommend customers to buy only high-quality, licensed equipment. Because maybe it's easy, buying some kind of Chinese analogue is several times cheaper, but this cannot be compared with the quality of the original. So it is in games. Few met pirates who are stable. Very often, there are problems with compatibility, with launch, antivirus swears, etc. Therefore, there is no better license and original.

V
Vindicare 25.10.22

The first game was held at the end of the summer, kayfanul. I also plan to take the second one, but not now, but later, maybe at one of the next discounts. Right now, I have a long list of purchased games for passing. With the introduction of crap with account replenishment, Steam began to replenish it at once with large sums and buy packs of interesting games, many with discounts, thanks to Gabenushka. More than two dozen games are still in the queue for the passage, so the requiem will have to wait for a while.

N_O_M_A_D152 wrote:
Due to sanctions, I stopped buying licenses anywhere!
Heh, I did the opposite somehow. If earlier I bought games + - once a month, then for the last half a year this number has increased by about 4-5 times on average.
Probably, several factors came together here - more often than before, I want to distract myself from what is happening in the world; began to collect all games on w40k; I would like to thank the developers and publishers of games that interest me, who have not stopped selling their games in our region (at reasonable prices).

nadejda777
No arguments for pirates-at-heart work. There is only the logic "I can take it for free and with impunity - I take it." I used to follow this logic myself. A person either comes to purchase licensed content (desire + opportunity), or does not come. Debates on this topic are meaningless.

M
Magnum 500 25.10.22

It’s not that I haven’t bought a single game, but I can even hardly imagine how it’s done. And not a single offline activation. Only a pirate.
So that....

M
Magnum 500 25.10.22

nadejda777
For 10-12 years now, all pirates have been stable and often better faces. The time of wasted translations and clips cut from the game for the sake of disk space is long gone.

E
EvENGED 25.10.22

Is it worth trying the second part if you haven't played the first one?

w
w2k 25.10.22

DEDGAMER wrote:
Pirate or license?
Stupid question. Naturally, Pirate And Period 🤣

V
Vindicare 25.10.22

EvENGED
The first part is pretty fast, it took me less than 17 hours. Plus, there's no plot twist. I think it's worth starting from the first part.

s
serega1121 20.01.23

Good day. Maybe a stupid question, but how to update (DRM-Free from GOG). That is, the sites do not write the version of the game. Download patches separately? I just usually took licenses or downloaded repacks.
Thanks.