3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AndreySolovyov 21.10.22 11:48 am

GPU is constantly loaded under 100% (BattleTech)

Good afternoon. I downloaded the "gog license" from a well-known site. It seemed to be playing normally, but then I decided to check the load on the GPU, started monitoring from AMD and noticed a “funny picture” when the GPU is constantly loaded at 100% in the game, it doesn’t matter if I’m in battle or on a ship, that is, regardless of severity scenes. The load almost does not drop, rarely when it drops to 95% for a couple of seconds. It is clear that I have far from top-end hardware - an rx560 4 GB video card. But after all, my monitor is only 1440x900, that is, due to the low resolution compared to even FullHD, the load should be less. I don't play ultra, I play high. So actually, this is a feature of the Unity engine and does anyone else have the same problems? Or is it the features of the "license" with the miner planted there?
7 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vindicare 21.10.22

Don't take it as rudeness, but if there is any problem in this situation, it lies in the fact that you installed a monitoring program for yourself and are trying to find some "problems" in things that you understand almost nothing about.
Man, just play games. There is no need to cosplay a blonde who smartly looked under the hood of her car. You don't have any "problems".

r
requiemmm 21.10.22

And this is the norm. This game is one of the slowest games on the unit, it always slowed down and thought for a long time, and after a couple of hours I had to restart, because the memory also flows. The main thing is that in the same BSG on the same engine, where capital is being cut with the support of dozens of fighters, everything is fine, and a dozen robots on a small map have already been calculated, oops, sailed.

S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

AndreySolovyov
AndreySolovyov wrote:
...in the game, the GPU is constantly loaded at 100%, it doesn't matter if I'm in battle or on a ship, that is, regardless of the severity of the scene. The load almost does not drop ...
The situation when the game works fine, loading the video card to the maximum.
... my monitor is only 1440x900, that is, due to the low resolution compared to even FullHD, the load should be less ...
If the frame rate in the game is not limited by anything, it can constantly load to the maximum.
...are these features of the "license" with the miner planted there?
Does this happen when the network is on or off? If you download from trusted sites (not their left mirrors), it is unlikely to catch a miner in GOG-soy face.

A
AndreySolovyov 21.10.22

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
If the framerate in the game is not limited by anything, it can constantly load to the maximum.
I tried to limit it through Radeon Chill - the situation is the same
SonyK_2 wrote: Does
this happen when the network is on or off? If you download from trusted sites (not their left mirrors), it is unlikely to catch a miner in GOG-soy face.
I cut down the network radically, by disconnecting the cable - the situation is the same. Downloaded from the rutreker, olek2010 the author of the distribution.
It's just that the situation confuses me - well, I understand, okay, in battle, where you need to draw a map with buildings, a dozen or one and a half furs with all the whistles. But, damn it, on the start screen, where Argo hangs in space and the side menu is maximum. Is there something that can be drawn with 100% GPU load at the maximum frequency with 60-61 frames per second?
And I repeat, my vision, albeit old, but more than overlaps the minimum wage indicated in the incentive, the monik is also not FullHD jae

S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

AndreySolovyov
AndreySolovyov wrote:
I tried to restrict via Radeon Chill...
I don't know how this software works - I've been using "green" products for the 2nd generation in a row (although before that there were Radeons), the control program "NVIDIA Control Panel" goes to the driver, there you can limit framerate. And both for all applications, and for each separately.
Spoiler
You can also limit the game by turning on the vertical. Or in a third-party monitoring program, if involved with the game:
Examples: MSI Afterburner:

RivaTuner Statistics Server:

...Downloaded from the root tracker...
If the tracker is official (ends with .org, .net, and .nl), it is unlikely to download distribution from there with a "surprise", especially if it was downloaded after verification and added to the site a long time ago. If it is downloaded from the left mirrors of the tracker, or from the official ones, to which they have just posted, you can catch something.
...what can be rendered with 100% GPU load at the maximum frequency of 60-61 frames per second?
Anything can happen depending on the game. For greater clarity, it is desirable to post a video with "problem" places. At the same time, display monitoring of the load on iron (MSI Afterburner, etc.), and the more indicators there are, the better.
Examples:

A
AndreySolovyov 21.10.22

In general, I took a few screenshots. Even in the main menu, the GPU is loaded at 90-100% at maximum frequency. Exactly, too, in an almost non-animated scene with Argo hanging in the air

E
Evil in the flash 21.10.22

AndreySolovyov A
user with the nickname Vindikar has already answered you in detail. You are looking for a problem where there is none.