3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
knaif124 21.10.22 12:02 pm

How to return the game to 4:3 format? (Fallout 2)

I don't like how the game looks in a high resolution patch, I just want it in 800x600 in 4:3 format, but for some reason, by default, the game starts at 16:9
3 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez Ramirez 21.10.22

And what's the point of putting a highres patch then? And don't the resolution settings appear in the game settings?

You can, of course, fiddle with your hands, but only I have the Restoration Project and it seems to have this very patch too. The configuration file must be located in "user_nameappdataroamingfallout2" in a folder whose name consists of a set of numbers and letters. It is called "f2_res.ini". There are lines in it that are responsible for the length and width.

k
knaif124 21.10.22

Sanchez Ramirez
I just need to change the aspect ratio to 4:3, my default game without the patch is 16:9. With the patch in the settings there is no way to change the format. In the ini file, I did not find the line responsible for this setting.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.10.22

knaif124
if you have an image that is stretched across the width, this is a question for the video card drivers
, if your game actually works in some resolution, then the aspect ratio for the sprites will be normal, but most likely everything will be small and the tiling will go to a greater distance. in this case, you should look for a nominal version of the game without mods. On Windows 7, it still seemed to work.