3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 21.10.22 12:16 pm

The game stops working while opening the PDA (Just Cause)

Another problem with this game. Often, when I need to open the PDA in the game to look at the map, to know the location of missions and objects, the game can freeze and crash with the error:

The program has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution.

And it can stop working at any time. While completing missions or collecting items marked on the map with blue dots. As soon as I press the button responsible for opening the PDA, the game immediately freezes, and then it crashes to the desktop with the error described above. In short, we need help in solving this problem. I can’t give a log of this error, because Windows does not provide it when the error window pops up.
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...when I need to open the PDA in the game... the game can freeze and crash with an error...
With a trainer?
Spoilerhttps://www.playground.ru/just_cause/cheat/just_cause_trejner_trainer_3_upd_31_07_2018_mrantifun-832105#20259405

... I can't give a log for this error, because Windows does not provide it...
If the game itself does not make logs, then Windows provides information about errors for problems with applications. Just by the fact that it will be written there, it is not a fact that something will be clear. Go to Administration - Event Viewer - Windows Logs - Application. If there are many entries, click on the right "Filter of the current log ..." and sort by date, for example, by the hour.
Spoiler

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
In this case, no trainer. Because, in order to finish my save to the end, I decided to start collecting items in the game. And the question is: why do I need a trainer, if there are no difficulties in this ??? So, in short: no trainer. And the fact that I liked the trainer from MrAntiFun is evidence that it really works.

As for the logs, I'll check now. I'm sitting on the seven, so I hope that I can find them. After all, I was never interested in their location. Purely out of uselessness.

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
So, I found the crash logs. Here:

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
And here it is again. This time, I didn’t open the PDA in the game, didn’t look at the map, but simply flew in a helicopter, collected items and accidentally crashed due to inaccuracy. And when I respawned, the game crashed with the same application crash error. And again, I did not use any trainers, because unnecessarily.

S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...found crash logs... Here we go again.
The problem is that this is not a full-fledged log, but an error report - the culprit of the .exe-file of the game, but this is understandable, because it crashes. But why it crashes is another question. If this is an early (unpatched) pirate, it may crash due to errors in the game itself. If the last litsuha is, for example, a software conflict, or a lack of something in the system (perhaps some update has not been installed).

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
Well, how to get a full error log? After all, I said that Windows does not issue it. And yes, the version of the game, as you can see, is one of the first. And I don’t know where to find a patched version that would still be distributed. For everywhere distributions are dead.

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
I just realized something. In short, before reinstalling the game, in order to install the English version, I made a copy of the save, where I still had nothing collected, but only the plot was completed. And so, now I took that save, copied it to the save folder and launched it. And already in it, when you open the PDA, the game does not crash. But in the save that I have now, in which I went through additional missions a little and collected items, my game crashes when I open the PDA.

And most importantly, the crash started happening after I was on one of the mountains in the game, where there is one shelter where you can save the game, and near which there is a helicopter, I collected the collected items and saved there. Yes, even during the gathering, the game crashed when I tried to open the PDA. In short, something is clearly wrong with the game, since it broke my save.

S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...how to get a full error log?... Windows doesn't show it...
If the game doesn't provide for logging, most likely not. It would be nice to make sure that the game does not log logs, but they can be saved anywhere - the game folder, Documents (private and public), AppData and ProgramData subfolders. But for this it is desirable to know their composition - if you don’t often look there (and even more so never), it’s not a fact that it will turn out. Especially if there is a lot of everything (including "tails" from remote programs / games), and the name of the folder does not look like a game.
...version of the game... one of the first... obviously something is wrong with the game, since it broke my save.
Most likely this is what happens. Perhaps a mistake by the developers, which they later corrected (if patches were released for the game). I don’t know which version I played on (maybe later), but I don’t remember such problems with the game.

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
Hmm. Here I have one, as I see it, only option. Search for a later version of the game. But try to find it today.

S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...try to find her today.
It seems to me, or has someone already found it?... ;)
Spoiler
It shakes me, but not quickly and jerkily (it shakes, then it doesn't), it seems that only the author of the topic is distributing. If you are both from Ukraine (judging by the flags under the avatars), due to yesterday's / today's events, there may be communication problems. When I download, I will stand on the distribution as long as I can.

d
deathcold 21.10.22

SonyK_2
I'll tell you more, I found this version a long time ago, a couple of months ago, but still it doesn't shake shit, even hit your head on the table)) And no, I have no problems with the network. Top quality coverage. Speed ​​up to 20 Mb/s. Just downloaded another game, and downloaded in a couple of minutes. But Just Cause 1 download horseradish.

S
SonyK_2 21.10.22

DeathCold
DeathCold wrote:
...I found this version a long time ago... it doesn't download... I downloaded it
, I distribute it.