3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GREENGO93 21.10.22 02:25 pm

Dark Souls 2, how to set up controls? (Dark Souls 2)

The fact is that the XBox buttons are highlighted, but I would like the keys of a regular keyboard to be highlighted.

I downloaded version 1.3 like with some kind of launch 1.7. Pirate
11 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mercenary 21.10.22

There is a special mod on the nexus that makes the keyboard buttons replace the default ones.http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/30/?

G
GREENGO93 21.10.22

Will a mercenary
on a pirate normally get up?

M
Mercenary 21.10.22

GREENGO93
Mods are mainly put on pirates, because on Steam versions they can be banned for changing files.

G
GREENGO93 21.10.22

Mercenary
, I don’t know English well, could you tell me how to install it further? I downloaded "KBAM Interface Icons-30-1-1" and "GeDoSaTo_Beta8_RapidityIsAJustice" . And then I don’t understand what and how, everything is in English ...

M
Mercenary 21.10.22

GREENGO93
2. - drop the files into a folder
3. - go to GeDoSaTo.ini , find the line "enableTextureOverride" and write true next to it
4. turn on the program "GeDoSaToTool.exe" and press "Activate" in the program
5. Start your Dark Souls II game - well, you play. It seems so :)

M
Mercenary 21.10.22

I've already started to scold me for some dawn :D
Spoiler

G
GREENGO93 21.10.22

Mercenary
Ahah)) . And what textures to load and where to throw them, if they don’t exist at all? ... And I installed the program itself on the slave table, where I found it, but I don’t know where and what text files to throw ...

M
Mercenary 21.10.22

GREENGO93
So it's better to put the program in a folder, so at least it's better
# textures[gamename]override[hash].(dds|png) the path should be like this

G
GREENGO93 21.10.22

Mercenary
buddy, thank you very much for your help! I gave you +1 to all yours. I found the solution to the problem in Google, here it is:

A wonderful mod for Dark Souls 2 that replaces the button icons from the Xbox with the button icons for the keyboard and mouse. A very convenient mod, especially for those who have just started playing Dark Souls 2 and it is difficult to understand the icons.

Installation:
1) First we need a mod to install GeDoSaTo mods, if not, then be sure to install it, it will come in handy more than once.
2) In the GeDoSaTo directory, go to GeDoSaTo.ini and change the "enableTextureOverride" line parameter to true.
3) In the GeDoSaTo folder, create a "Textures" folder (if it doesn't already exist). In the Textures folder, create a folder "DarkSoulsII" and in it another folder - "Override".
after that put the files in the directory "GeDoSaTo/Textures/DarkSoulsII/Override" .
4) Run GeDoSaToTool.exe, click activate and run Dark Souls 2

Everything is simple, now you will not have any questions in terms of control, and confusion with icons.

M
Mercenary 21.10.22

GREENGO93
Now I got it, I threw off what was in the archive into the textures folder (it's in the game)
Spoiler

s
sm3hach 21.10.22

I installed it, the graphics got better, but there is no mouse pointer and the mouse buttons do not work. Eng layout. They work only by default, i.e. AutoHotkey does not plow. What can be wrong?