3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
j
justdillan 25.10.22 11:32 am

Cooling AMD FX-8320

Save who can, I have no idea how to cool this processor, what I have now does not help at all, the cooler drives 5k revolutions and heats up to 70 degrees. Heard DeepCool GAMMAXX is a good option. Maybe you can give me some more hints...
6 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pirat13666 25.10.22

justdillan I
recommend be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4. Many people use it and are very satisfied.
Quiet and cool cooler with low price.

V
Vindicare 25.10.22

You go to the site of any store and set the following search filters for cooling for the processor:

Socket: AM3, AM3 + (both options are suitable)
Design type: tower
Number of heat pipes: 4 (ideal for this processor). You can save money and take with 3 tubes, but it will be hotter / noisier.
Fan connector: 4 pin
Fan size: 120 x 120

And choose any one you like. More or less famous brands usually have more reliable and quieter fans. In non-name coolers, you can stumble upon a turntable rattling out of the box.
Well, of course, it is desirable that the case is also ventilated with at least a pair of blowing + blowing or blowing + blowing fans, and not just a stuffy box without ventilation. But if the system is not overclocked, one fan is enough to blow out.

l
longerr2007 25.10.22

justdillan
The cooler is completely useless here. You need a tower with 6 tubes and 2-3 propellers so that the last propeller touches the rear blowout mesh closely (so that there are no gaps). You also need air exhaust from the side (1-2 turntables) and from above and for blowing on the front 1 pc.
I myself have an 8350-tower with 2 propellers and 6 pipes and there is another one at the back for blowing with a manual speed controller on the front door. On the side of the window 2 (one also with a manual controller) and on top 1. I turn the fan to the maximum only in games (otherwise, throttling after 60). The temperature of the processor in games is 34-47 .. Something like that.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.10.22

justdillan
Most likely, the case is not well ventilated inside. Open the lid and compare the temperatures. If there is a big difference, then I was right

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

something with the declared cooling of tdp 180w should easily cool if not in deep overclocking.
and so if there is 5000 rpm there is something small or just thermal paste is already high. (for 3-5 years it can dry out and oxidize)

B
Botponevole 29.10.22

I had this percentage, if you don’t drive it, then it’s not hot at all, a regular 120W cooler is enough