3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fustcaper13 25.10.22 12:39 pm

2 video cards in a computer

The people are interested in me, if you insert 2 different brands of videos into the computer, will they plow or does it wake up incompatibility?
I.e. 1 nvidia, and another Radeonka
17 Comments
Sort by:
N
No more drugs 25.10.22

No, they will. The operation of a multi-GPU is based on two absolutely identical video cards.

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

fustcaper13 What nonsense
. Of course chips from AMD and Nvidia will not work together, and the same goes for integrated graphics from Intel.
As a rule (there are rare exceptions), CF and SLI require video cards on the same chips, for example, R9 270X + R9 270X or GTX 760 + GTX 760. Moreover, if one of the video cards has 2GB of memory, and the second has 4GB, then the total working the set will be only 2GB, that is, like the weakest model.
The only benefit of combining Geforce and Radeon is that the Geforce video card can be assigned PhysX processing, and the Radeon will work for its intended purpose - to process graphics.
And, of course, this is not CF or SLI, and with this mode of operation, problems may arise, both at the hardware (hardware) and software (firewood) levels.

No more drugs...
"On two absolutely identical video cards."
I'll correct you. On two identical video chips.
The video cards themselves can be completely different, a set of memory, a printed circuit board design, a chip manufacturer, etc. - all this can be different. Only the GPUs themselves should be the same, and even then not in all cases, some different chips from AMD can work together if they have the same architecture, with different core configurations. Nvidia GPUs don't have that flexibility in this regard.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

a similar question is periodically raised
here, as if they had already answered either ati + nvidia under fusix, but the topic seems to have died. I myself do not understand anything, so what I know is relevant for cards 5xx and below.
either connect a lot of monitors,
or the third option is special nurses with os hoodra. but there, judging by the tests, there was no gain from using such an array.

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

MunchkiN 616
Of course, there will be no increase in games, because such an array is not intended for games. It is probably more suitable for professional video cards for working with graphics.
And the memory is not duplicated there, but added up and it will be a logical assumption that because of this folding in games there will be huge losses in video memory bandwidth and, consequently, performance, the GPU will simply be idle.

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

The Belomorkanal
was not there type, there was a special chip that directly scored the geometry and textures at a low level. therefore, all performance naturally rested on the chip. and there is the coolest mother there, she was waxed for 8 slots, it is easy to imagine how fast the scene will be distributed to several cards.

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

MunchkiN 616
Games are not played on such machines. Games are created on them.

f
fustcaper13 25.10.22

Then what vidyuhu to leave? friend gave MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G, and now I have R9 280X

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

leave MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G because it says gaming
and listen to Fade Baker. he will teach you bad things.

f
fustcaper13 25.10.22

MunchkiN 616
Many people told me that the MSI GTX 980 from 4G has no show-offs.
Most advised R9 280X

M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

fustcaper13
well , go look at
http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/dying-light-test-gpu.html
for example here.
the performance of 980 is almost everywhere 2 times higher because gaming + it must have gigs.
280 is nominally more powerful if you are going to do bitcoin or something like that.
probably someone wanted to breed a gaming shloshka and master the 980th himself.

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

fustcaper13
"Many people told me that the MSI GTX 980 from 4G has no show-offs.
Most advised R9 280X"
Is this sarcasm? Bad joke?
The GTX 980 is as good as two R9 280s in CF. 4GB of video memory is not even enough already, for example, GTA eats all these 4 gigabytes at maximum speed, and bites into 10 gigabytes of RAM.
Unfortunately your i3 will bottleneck your system if you play with weak MSAA or no MSAA at all, in other words, the performance will be limited by the processor at FPS above 50 in many games.

Fade Baker
"Sure, leave the R9 280X, it's twice as fast. Tests on the internet won't lie."
And that's definitely sarcasm.

R
Ret Ert 25.10.22

fustcaper13
No opinion?
Tests and comparisons, x-ki, price, release date?
Is it not so obvious?

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

Ret Ert
Duc, too lazy to google, it's easier to create a topic on PeZhe and wait for answers.
But, not knowing the performance differences between Nvidia's top and AMD's solid midrange is really too much. Apparently a man only yesterday came out of the cave into the white light.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.10.22

Belomorkanal
Apparently a man only yesterday came out of the cave into the white light.
In fact, there are very few people who really know about the glands. And in the markets and in stores, pasta is only thrown on the ears on the way. Tests are tests, and the forums are the very thing. Although there are enough boobies here

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

Den-z2011
Can't everything be so bad that a person has never heard of 900 series video cards? Have you ever seen the price tags on them? You don’t have to be knowledgeable here to understand that this is top.

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.10.22

Belomorkanal
I give you my word, just recently I talked to one noob, he claimed about the ultra settings of BF4 on 650 Ti. And he added 2GB of video memory to 8 RAM. a dime a dozen, and they can sell all the shnyag
I live know only one person who is well versed in hardware

B
Belomorkanal 25.10.22

Den-z2011
Yes, I believe, reluctantly.