3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Philippe Antoniadi 25.10.22 12:40 pm

Selecting a processor-video bundle

I ask for advice from iron experts, I want to update the hardware of my calculator in the summer, and I'm interested in the question: what should I give preference to? I think between a bunch of i3-4160 and GTX960 and i5-4440 and GTX660. I do not play in FullHD, so advice from the rage "yes, take a giraffe 780, otherwise it will lag" will be superfluous. Just tell me what will be better in the realities of growing system requirements, since I'm not sure if i3 will pull future games (everywhere they say that all games now load the video card more). thanks a lot
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 25.10.22

the question is not entirely correct rather complex.
if you guess on a crystal ball, then the growth of requirements has already stopped. Further, if there is dx12, then the requirements increase for the video card.
if the processors are considered within the framework of this socket, I would take i3 in a bunch for the game with my pants down, starting from the radeon 7970hz edition ending with the giforce 780 without a tee for playing at 720 and 900 p.

B
Bennedict 25.10.22

no no no no. no i3, she's too useless. take at least some i5 and, depending on the available funds, a video card no worse than 660. in any case, do not look at i3 for games

s
sorig 25.10.22

I'm thinking about it myself. Now i5-2500K and GTX 590. So far, everything is pretty decent on medium. True, 16 GHz RAM and SSD help out a lot. The stone for games is now no less than i5, and in order for the frequency to go beyond a three-ruble note, i7 is generally great, but now you need to take a card of 970 or 980. The twelfth direct is on the nose, but for now they are the only ones who support it. Yes, and enough for their eyes for three years.

L
Lisstoman 25.10.22

sorig
980 is no longer enough)) We must take something more powerful. And i7 for games is not needed. Enough of the stock i5 4690. And by the time the first game comes out on dx 12, the 980 will already be in the dump. Ram and ssd do not affect the number of fps, only the absence of drawdowns

L
Lisstoman 25.10.22

Philip Antoniadi
With the release of dx 12, the role of the processor in games will decrease, but taking the i3 is a bad idea. And taking 660 is also a bad idea.

n
nickSIA 25.10.22

Philip Antoniadi
In your case, if the budget is limited, it makes sense to take a bunch of AMD FX-8300 Black Edition + GTX 760 / R9 280X 3Gb. Cheaper and certainly not worse.

G
GONE TO DTF 25.10.22

sorig
12 direct support will be not only for 970 and 980 when it appears.
there a bunch of cards will be delivered to him.

nickSIA
GTX 760 / R9 280X
280x is an order of magnitude better

n
nickSIA 25.10.22

lookaway
Maybe he's a supporter of the green, who knows?

C
Cahir Odim from Steam 25.10.22

Philip Antoniadi If not for full HD, then definitely your second option (I5 + GTX660). i3 is weak in general, not only in games. And if not, plans to play at max. settings in games, then the GTX660 will definitely fit! But if there is a possibility, instead of 660 I advise you to take 770 - it is head and shoulders above the 660th in terms of performance and not much more expensive)))

-
-SERGEY- 25.10.22

i5-4440 and GTX660, I play FullHD on the 660th. Not complaining. There is a 3GB version, it won't hurt.

P
Philippe Antoniadi 25.10.22

nickSIA
Yes, to be honest, I generally lay down on the wars of manufacturers, the main thing for me is that the end result is justified) AMD is like AMD, Intelvidia is like Intelvidia)

P

-SERGEY-
I'm just thinking, it can provide itself with better processor performance, all the same, the video card will need to be changed more often, although the 900s green ones beckon, infections

P

nickSIA
In this case, you just have to take a good power supply, and now they are not very cheap. When linking intel + nvidia, I can not change my power supply (unless, of course, I take 980, which is fat for me)