3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Emodishon 25.10.22 01:05 pm

Can't see game saves (Far Cry 4)

Today, after turning off the light, I stopped seeing saves for the game ... I passed half the game and then it flew off, now xs what to do. the saves themselves are in the folder but the game does not see them
14 Comments
Sort by:
P
Paul_SH 25.10.22

I have two folders in the bin folder: Profile (contains one file of the last save) and Profile.Backup (a whole bunch of current saves packed in zip - you can take any of the latest by date-time and replay). Look for something similar (folder names and paths to them may be different, for example, SavedGame).

o
olegik55 25.10.22

Emodishon The game must be run as an administrator for the game to see your saves !!! Power outages don't play a role on them, so no need to panic about it. How many times the light turned off, I did not observe such glitches at home.

P
Paul_SH 25.10.22

olegik55
In Emodishon, the game "does not see saves" because the save file is damaged. Apparently the lights went out while the game was trying to save. I had a similar experience once when I went through the game for the second time and sometimes used the trainer to complete some tasks faster. All the trainers that I have tried from time to time lead to the game freezing, which in principle is tantamount to turning off the light. After one of these freezes, I start the game, and in the main menu you can only start a new game. I open the folder with the last save, and I see that its size is 1 KB (instead of tens of KB). This is where the archive saves from the Profile.Backup folder, which I wrote about above, came in handy.

As for sudden power outages and what it can affect. It's also like a lottery. In any case, there is nothing good in the abnormal shutdown of Windows, so sooner or later it may come back to haunt the system glitches or the inability to start it at all. Has anyone seen what happens to the heads of a hard drive when the power goes off suddenly? They randomly, in convulsions, twitch several times before "parking". Imagine that at this moment, not reading, but writing data was performed. File system errors are guaranteed, and in the worst case, you will have to throw away the hard drive (along with all your data).
Therefore, I use (and advise everyone) a UPS - an uninterruptible power supply.

o
olegik55 25.10.22

Paul_SH Well and in what then a problem I cannot understand? If it's as simple as you say. Let him use the archive save then and load from the place where the failure occurred and zero problems. Maybe he has a different tablet and there are no such folders? What pill do you have in the game?

P
Paul_SH 25.10.22

olegik55 We
bet the author of the topic does not appear here because he fixed everything a long time ago, and now he is running around Kirat with might and main ...)))

o
olegik55 25.10.22

Paul_SH may or may not, unsubscribed what and how, but it is not clear whether he fixed it or not. You never said what pill you have installed, I repeat it for the second time.

P
Paul_SH 25.10.22

olegik55
Yeah, he's not up to us now)) ALI213 creates a bunch of backup saves.

o
olegik55 25.10.22

Paul_SH That's for sure, not up to us, cut in full already) . I have the exact same tablet as you. But for the first time I see that she uses backup copies of saves, some kind of innovation right for me)

m
mr fresher 25.10.22

I have the same problem with the Skidrow tablet, I ran it as an administrator, there are saves, but the game still does not see them. Help plz!

o
olegik55 25.10.22

mrfresher This problem occurs if the saves are damaged.

m
mr fresher 25.10.22

Well, I start a new game, play for a while, then I go out (well, I got tired of it there and for other reasons), then I go into the folder with the game - there are saves. I launch Far Cry 4. It means it says "New Game", but there are saves.
PS I downloaded saves from the Internet, the same thing that I do, I want to play.

o
olegik55 25.10.22

mrfresher Account and the path to the game you have in English or Russian? And if you have such problems, then remember for the future, then in your situation it’s better to use the ALI213 tablet, it contains a bunch of backup saves and it’s like there are no glitches with them either, well, at least I didn’t notice, but yours tablet Skidrow, glitches were just noticed on it both with saves and during the game.

m
mr fresher 25.10.22

olegik55 The path to the game in English, yes. Do I need to redownload the game? Is it possible, for example, to do something differently so as not to download again?
PS By the way, I have a path to saves in Russian, does it somehow affect?

o
olegik55 25.10.22

mrfresher Perhaps, but not a fact, but you can change the path to English. Let's see how it will be, if this method does not help, then look for a save converter on the site, thereby you can move your saves to another tablet, you look and your problem will be solved. After you unsubscribe, what and how. Good luck.