3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Taras85 25.10.22 01:05 pm

Strange camera behavior (Project CARS)

When I press "brake" (well, or "back") on the keyboard, then when I see it from the helmet, the rider puts his face down on the steering wheel. When the camera is behind and on top of the car, the camera is sharply pressed to the ground, and I can’t see anything in front of the car. This only happens when the brake button is pressed. I've gone through all the settings, I can't figure out where it's disabled.
7 Comments
Sort by:
A
A3MOH 25.10.22

Taras85
is physics, you can't turn off physics :) try to slow down more smoothly

N
Nero_DMC 25.10.22

Actually, this is physics, or rather inertia, when you slow down the car, it slows down and, by inertia, it and the pilot pull forward, thereby he tilts his head. As for the car, inertia also acts on him, only it manifests itself in the form of compression and tension of springs and shock absorbers, the front ones are compressed and the rear ones stretched

T
Taras85 25.10.22

Yes, but what does physics have to do with third person mind? And why is this effect not observed in the YouTube videos that I watched? In principle, I am a fan of the camera on the back of the car, it is easier for me to assess how to fit into a turn. But as soon as I slow down, the camera is driven into the asphalt, all I see is the back of my own car, and as a result I can’t press the gas because I can’t see where I’m going. I've never seen such stupidity in a racing game.

z
zitz69 25.10.22

Actually, this is a bug, advisers ... It's already being discussed here and I wrote a solution to the problem http://forums.playground.ru/project_cars/zamedlenie_vremeni_vo_vremya_igri-862802/

T
Taras85 25.10.22

zitz69, I looked at your post and tried it myself - it did not help. :( But I do not have time dilation, only problems with the camera. And I noticed that in your video, even with ForceFeedback - 100, the driver does not lower his head down when braking, like mine.

z
zitz69 25.10.22

Taras85 Well, then I don’t know) There should also be camera behavior settings, I saw them somewhere.

G
Groowy92 25.10.22

I don’t understand how you can play such toys with a third-person camera .. the most juice is a camera from the cockpit)