3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VanquisherStars 25.10.22 01:05 pm

How to distinguish between mod and patch compatibility? (not including game version) (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Hi all! Such a problem. thank you so much!)
2 Comments
Sort by:
R
RevIO2RUS 25.10.22

VanquisherStars
Firstly, there is such a readme thing that comes with almost all mods, secondly, almost all mods have compatibility with unofficial patches, and if not, then there will be an additional compatibility patch in the mod, thirdly, those mods usually have incompatibility , which change or add something the same and which have .esm files, textures, etc. are usually simply replaced. As for fps drops, this is often not because of compatibility, but because of hardware - you need to install various optimizers, save fixers, since modders almost don’t think that you are going to install a little more than just one of their mods, but a lot of mods they load the system pretty much, especially since Skyrim has problems using all the power of the system; although there are still cases when one mod in itself loads the system too much,
In general, what I advise about mods: don’t get carried away, about two years ago I really wanted a very cool skyrim with a bunch of armor, abilities, beautiful landscapes and with normal difficulty, set the maximum possible mods - everything lagged, it took a very long time to look for incompatibility; I recently reinstalled mods: I installed 20-30 mods, including texture mods that do not have esm - nothing lagged, the game was just beautiful, balanced and much better than the first time, although it may be due to better and corrected mods .. .

Z
Zontes 25.10.22

I always did everything manually, I put the mod on, I watch the game, if it doesn’t lag I leave it, I install the next one, it starts to lag, I take it to hell and so on in order. While I’m in the mood, the desire to play already disappears, but I still get pleasure