3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lina Sheremetyeva 25.10.22 01:15 pm

About Alistair! (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

It is clear that even if he ascended the throne (we analyze this version of events), he did not cease to be a Gray Warden.
And since he is such, why is it nowhere indicated that he heard the call, like all the other Guardians? He couldn’t just get rid of the filth in the blood, or I didn’t read the wiki that way, but everything seems to be right.
What are your assumptions?
23 Comments
Sort by:
A
Angelica04 25.10.22

I think this is another blunder from the developers.

Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 25.10.22

It is not explained in any way, everything remains at the levels of conjecture. As noted in the Bioware blogs "Looking for logic in the Inquisition is like looking for logic in Marvel movies, you just have to enjoy the show"
Ps About guesses:
1) Corypheus only controlled the Guardians of Orlais. Demon army, and Fel in the blood like a leash. There were no Guardian mages as such in Ferelden, and the nearest other than Orlais are in Weishaupt.
2) Alistair probably also felt it, but he hid it in every possible way (Ferelden is mired in a civil war, you need to make peace with Orlais, there are too many problems to be distracted by your loved one)

K
Kahran Ramsus 25.10.22

It's very simple: he's just very young. he is 30 years old at most in the AIM.

L
Lina Sheremetyeva 25.10.22

You wanna PUNCAKE
but the Fereldan guards are gone, probably because of The Call. Although, there is no representative other than Alistair, and if he remains the SS, and scores for the throne, I do not know what he says in that thread in Crestwood.

L

KoranRazmus
So the Call was heard by everyone, not only old men in the Orlesian order.

Y

Lina Sheremetyeva
If he stays in the Guardians, then yes, he feels the "Call" on him. In general, this is how: Alistair, Stroud, Loghain do absolutely the same thing (depending on the choice of the previous parts). He (and) wondered if Corypheus, as an Archdemon, could transfer his soul to the nearest carrier of filth. And at that very moment, the brothers of the Guard proposed a way out of the situation with the "Call" - blood magic. Well, then we all know what happened.
Ps The essence of the dialogues is the same, although Alistair's dialogues are saturated with irony, but the good old Alistair. Only now the choice is difficult to make, Alistair or Hawk ... Although there is another question. After death, all souls go to the Shadow, but if a person died in the flesh in the Shadow, then what???

L

You wanna PUNCAKE
and what does he say about his order, that, like, he was on a separate mission, and they all disappeared, considering that when the GF dies, he becomes their commander, if I'm not mistaken?

L

You wanna PUNCAKE
As for the shadow, I'll quote you - enjoy the show... Most likely the soul will be locked in the shadow, I think, since the physical shell has been destroyed, but that's all presumed. "Presumably died in the Shadow." ©

Y

Lina Sheremetyeva
Honestly, I don't remember here. The only thing I remember is a glitch when Alistair falls into the Shadow. Alistair said that he had been in the Shadow, that the demon had taken the form of his sister Goldana, that he was after and saw the death of his father Maric. The bug is that in the game he is still a guard, when, like the comic "Those Who Speak", where Alistair the King (considered canon) with Varric and Isabella go in search of Maric and meet the new Arishok Stan,
His words about the order are honestly not I remember, I'm sorry.
Ps Well, the quote is not mine, I often just hung out on blogs, so a trifle somehow hit my head. Although there is definitely some truth in this.
Pss I mixed up the comic, not "Those who speak" but "While we sleep"

d
diablo_7_13 25.10.22

maybe he is fighting this call, maybe a blunder .... one can only guess

R
Resident90 25.10.22

You wanna PUNCAKE
1) As I remember, if the GF survived, then you can get a quest where they say that he left to investigate The Call. Apparently just because of this.
2) With Stan - just "Those who speak." "While we sleep" - where they rescue Maric.

Y

Resident90
You won't remember everything, but thanks for the correction.

R
Ryogi Shiki 25.10.22

blunder of developers

K
Katastrofik 25.10.22

Well, if you remember what is mixed in Alistair's blood (the blood of dragons and the blood of elves), and remember that his mother Fiona was somehow freed from filth, then we can assume that he either has a greatly increased resistance to the call, or filth in his there may be no more blood.

L

Katastrofik
Fiona has absolutely nothing to do with it, her filth was caused artificially, with the help of the Architect's artifact, and he cured her from the actions of the artifact created by himself. And since Alistair has no corruption, how was he a Gray Warden before his coronation?
But I don’t even know about the blood of dragons, I haven’t read books and comics with Alistair.

K
Katastrofik 25.10.22

Lina Sheremetyeva
Fiona was a Gray Warden, she underwent an initiation ceremony shortly before the events described in the novel "The Call", and with the help of the artifact, it was the Call, the time when the Gray Wardens begin to hear the call and the moment comes for them to go to the deep paths and die in battle with the creatures of darkness. The architect did not cure Fiona of the corruption, and the artifacts were created by the First Enchanter of the Fereldan Circle using the magic that Corypheus taught him. And Fiona herself reveals in the DAI game that she was a Gray Warden.

L

Katastrofik
the very fact that Corypheus only removed the effect of the accelerated Summoning, it is unlikely that this was transmitted through the blood. But the theory is interesting.

K
Katastrofik 25.10.22

He did not remove this effect for anyone. Why do you think so?

L

Katastrofik
both read and understood, heh.

K
Katastrofik 25.10.22

Lina Sheremetyeva
And where did you read about it?