3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
The Jack 25.10.22 05:52 pm

Difference Between Armor (Light/Medium...) (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

I went to craft armor for Blackwall (Battle Master's Mail) and noticed that if you give Silverit metal, then it can be put on anyone, so what then to croft 4 Heavy chain mail and put on the whole team or are there still disadvantages ?? On the screen, the armor is not of equal level, but in any case, if it is equal, the armor indicator is higher on heavy

12 Comments
Sort by:
R
Resident90 25.10.22

Some materials remove class restrictions. Otherwise, medium armor is only for rogues. If there is enough silverite, then you can put it on anyone, if not enough, warriors and magicians will remain out of work.

T
The Jack 25.10.22

Resident90
Silverite is not a problem, it just turns out to be some kind of garbage, in fact, any light middle class armor is worse than crafted heavy armor? even purple items of essence lose their relevance when the armor indicator is 30 percent lower, I think this is some kind of flaw

R
Resident90 25.10.22

By default, the heavy armor has more armor than the similar medium. And some materials increase it even more. More about crafting can be found on the wiki.

E
Eugenij_BLR 25.10.22

The Jack
Not only the level of armor itself is important, but also the additional bonuses that armor gives. Some are suitable for a robber, others for a warrior.

T
The Jack 25.10.22

Ewgenij_BLR
This is understandable, but when you craft, you choose bonuses yourself

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 25.10.22

The Jack
Not quite right. Silverite taking as a basis you will remove class restrictions. But you will still choose bonuses depending on the class of armor and materials. For example, you decide to put a mage in heavy armor. You will not be able to assemble heavy armor with pluses to magic and willpower, because there are metals, and they give pluses to strength and physique. Fabrics that increase magical characteristics - willpower and magic are not used when crafting heavy armor. Thus, the gain will only be in a higher level of armor. And in terms of pluses to the characteristics, the magician will not benefit from heavy armor, because the pluses will go to those characteristics that are useless to the magician.

T
The Jack 25.10.22

Marshal Talyan McKirby III
Brad. Armor bonuses are only protective, + hp and split, they don’t give stats like willpower or dexterity, it’s helmets that give stats, so the issue is not resolved)

K
Katastrofik 25.10.22

The Jack

T
The Jack 25.10.22

stats give gloves and boots and not the armor itself? downvote if i'm right

K
Katastrofik 25.10.22

The Jack

k
kakegotam 25.10.22

Crafted heavy silverite armor for his mage. Very good if you rest on defense (high level of armor, characteristics, you can choose strength or physique, I chose the latter for max. HP + melee defense).
But if you want to achieve maximum DPS, then you need light armor, where + to magic is inserted.
For a rogue, heavy armor has no options at all, given how many points of cunning a crafted medium armor gives.

B
Bastard 25.10.22

The greatest effect is given by crafted armor with bracers and leggings, and even enchanted ones. In the Canyon of the Whistling Wastes, the merchant has excellent sketches of any armor. There you can also find level 3 metals (except for silverite), level 2-3 leather from animals. Good Cloth drops from Venatori and Demons.
For example, I went to the Whistling Wastes at level 13, after which I collected sketches of the best in the game from the Graves: a bow, a dagger, a two-handed weapon and a one-handed axe, I collected metals, leather and fabric. I bought sketches of the best armor (Artmany will help you).
Played as part of: GG - mage Knight-Sorcerer, Kassandra - DD, tank, Dorian - mage Necromancer, Sera - archer of the Storm. Crafted mages - Battlemage Armor, 221 armor level, +33 Magic, + (14-18)% of fire, cold, electricity damage; Kassandra - Battlemaster's Armor (heavy), 253 armor level, +29 Strength. It can be seen that in terms of armor level, light armor is slightly worse than heavy armor, so it is not advisable to make heavy silverite armor for a magician, since you will lose a lot in addition to magic.
For Cassandra (Blackwall) I crafted a one-handed ax according to the "Wyrm's Rage" sketch from metal level 3, received: 320 DPS (with enchantment), + 28% Attack, +7 Strength. Inserted a cleansing rune + 20% damage to animals and humanoids, For Sera, crafted a longbow with 175 DPS (with enchantment), + 14% crit chance, + 10 electricity damage from a simple rune. As a result, together with medium armor with 18 Cunning, I received + 32% to the probability of a crit and the total probability of a crit, taking into account the pumping of skills, more than 50% (every second shot is a critical one).