3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
o
overmane 29.10.22 11:12 pm

Far Cry 3 lags on not the weakest PC

I decided to replay the third farcry on a new laptop. I set everything to ultra, and on you, drawdowns up to 40 fps. The video card and processor are loaded to a minimum. I suppose the point is that the game is not optimized for new pros. Tell me, please, how to disable AMD SMT (the BIOS is not recommended, there are no such settings in the laptop). Any other sensible way to solve this problem is also accepted.
9 Comments
Sort by:
M
Max P 29.10.22

overmane
Set the frames in the GPU buffer 5.

o
overmane 29.10.22

Max P
of course it didn't help

D
Denis Kyokushin 29.10.22

overmane Conf
in the studio
Should not lag anything:

M
MunchkiN 616 29.10.22

if anti-aliasing x8 is most likely to have a performance of about 980 gth for 60fps,
then it is indicated for monitoring the vidyuhi, if you use windows 10 tools for this (I don’t remember if there is 8 noni or not), then it will not always show what you need, not informatively in general .
The simplest way to eliminate the impact of the graphics card's GPU on performance is to set the lowest available screen resolution on ultras. if the fps is too high and will not overflow, then the video card is listed. if the FPS almost does not change, then the matter is about something else.

o
overmane 29.10.22

MunchkiN 616 Anti-
aliasing finally turned off. It really gets 75 FPS when I set the minimum, but why is the video card stupidly idle at 50-60% load at the maximum graphics settings? That is, in the first mission, while climbing the tower, I see 75 fps, as I turn to the village, 40 fps and the vidyuha is resting. In the fifth far edge on ultra, stable 75+ fps.

o
overmane 29.10.22

MunchkiN 616
By the way, do you know what the problem is: when I monitor the TDP of a video card in MSI Afterburner or FPS Monitor, the program crashes?

b
barabear 29.10.22

overmane
Recently I went through parts 3 and 5, the same problem, 5 on ultras flies 60+ fps, 3 lags on ultras, I play on a laptop with a 3060 with an external monitor 21: 9 2.5K, I started playing in 4, there on ultras in general around 30 fps, if you look from the mountains to the valley, so the campaign is in the old engines, 6 on high goes to 60+

M
MunchkiN 616 29.10.22

overmane
if the pitch has no dedicated graphic memory io is bad slow. If not, I don't know.
I don’t know why MSI Afterburner crashes, but it’s better not to use its modules that display FPS during the game, as for me, but look at the graph for 30 minutes.
msaa x8 is quite sensitive to the resolution and bandwidth of the GPU memory, as I understand it. To use it, you need moderate resolutions up to 2k and normal video cards. so that at one time the headlights of the edge of the ultra-fat, it was necessary at least to have a slide from the current maps. maybe modern pitch and will not cope well with it, if not with a low processor frequency. I was not interested in the game, so I do not know how it generally worked and works.

D
Denis Kyokushin 29.10.22

MunchkiN 616
I passed FC3 without anti-aliasing on the XFX4890. I had to set the settings to medium in places. The resolution was 1680x1050

barabear
If the laptop is Intel, look at the load of the first core