3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lord 29.10.22 11:12 pm

The problem of changing the language of the game (Victoria 3)

Hi all.
Faced a problem in the game. I accidentally changed the language to English, restarted, and now I can’t go back to Russian. In Settings, I chose Russian (tried other languages ​​as well), clicked OK, restarted and nothing. As was English and remained. What to do?))
20 Comments
Sort by:
T
Timofeev Alexey 29.10.22

There is also such a problem, I think the whole point is that after the launch, the launcher settings tab disappears, I reinstalled both the game and the launcher, nothing helped

T
Timofeev Alexey 29.10.22

In short, delete the Victoria 3 folder from the "My Documents", Paradox Interective section and everything will work

M
Mag of good 29.10.22

Alexey Timofeev
Doesn't help, English anyway

p
pckot01 29.10.22

Add the line {"System":{"language":"l_russian"}} to the pdx_settings.json
file The file is located in the My Documents/Paradox Interactive/Victroria folder 3
There is also a localization folder in the game folder, there is a languages.yml file, there change l_english to
l_russian

K
Kayo212 29.10.22

pckot01
Can be a little clearer, I did not find anything. Please

p
pckot01 29.10.22

Kayo212
In general, I turned it on in the game itself without problems
And so, for example E:GamesVictoria 3gamelocalizationlanguages.yml
Open this file with the Notepad++ program
There are lists of languages
​​And along this path C:UsersUsernameDocuments Paradox InteractiveVictoria 3 file pdx_settings.json
Also open with Notepad++ This file should contain the line "language": "l_russian", if not, then change "language": "l_english" to russian
Only copies of files must be made before editing, not to accidentally ruin

K
Kayo212 29.10.22

pckot01
languages.yml - everything seems to be in order here.
pdx_settings.json - and here it is empty

p
pckot01 29.10.22

Kayo212 What is
an empty file?
This file contains all the game settings
You need these
"System": {
"language": "l_russian",

v
valik93 29.10.22

pckot01
When starting the game or changing the settings, it resets this file.
It helped me that I wrote the language there as you wrote, and made the file read-only mode. then it's ok.
It's probably a pill joint. Or me xs (

p
pckot01 29.10.22

valik93
Well, yes, the read-only mode can be turned on, it won't hurt

K
Kayo212 29.10.22

languages.yml - in general, I removed all languages ​​from this file except for Russian and I succeeded.URA

p
pckot01 29.10.22

Kayo212 Well
done everyone

d
dmykondra 29.10.22

valik93
I have a Steam litsuha and the same problem. The file has also been reset. It's not about the pill :

K
Kayo212 29.10.22

dmykondra
Do as I do, everything works fine

s
severkursant 29.10.22

Kayo212
THANK YOU! I went through the path E:GamesVictoria 3gamelocalizationlanguages.yml and opened it with a regular notepad, deleted all categories except for the Russian language and the crack worked!

D
Driver01 29.10.22

I bought a litsuhu in steam and now I'm surfing the Internet "how to fix the launcher", "how to fix a bug with localization". Apparently now it is in vogue to produce a raw product at full price .. Many thanks to the guys above for good advice!

b
bars31337 29.10.22

Editing the Victoria 3gamelocalizationlanguages.yml file helped me - I opened it and did not delete anything, you just need to move the Russian language block to the first line, everything will start in Russian)
manipulations with the file in my documents did not help

J
Joker256 29.10.22

pckot01
in addition, it is necessary to check the "read-only" field in the file properties, otherwise the game resets the settings.

By the way, kk3 creates a separate file with settings for the player's profile, so we are waiting for a patch for victoria 3.

M
Megatop 1 29.10.22

The method helped me personally through the languages.yml file, I just opened it and instead of english I wrote russian through the visual studio program, although I'm on a pirate

M
Megatop 1 29.10.22