3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
VladimirRUBY 29.10.22 11:26 pm

Solution - CPU does not support AVX instructions (Victoria 3)

I want to share the solution to the problem of not launching the VICTORIA 3 game due to the lack of support for AVX instructions for processors.

Translation from English
Good afternoon,
The developers are looking into this at the moment, as I do not think that this is done intentionally. I know we had this issue with CKIII and it was fixed in a day or two so hopefully it will be the same here, though I can't say for sure. The only instructions I've found so far are the ones below.
1. Download the Intel® Software Development Emulator v9. 2. Install Winzip to extract the downloaded .win.tar.xy file.
3. Moved the extracted folder to c:sde
4. Opened cmd prompt and changed to c:sde (I used admin command prompt... run as administrator)
5. Type: sde.exe -cpx "C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamapps common Victoria 3binariesvictoria3.exe"
6. Long waited
7. Found that the running Victoria3 application is minimized to the taskbar. Opened. Some menus are fast and some are slow.
8. Installed the program on a newer computer.
I checked the working method, but the game is very slow, I will wait for the normal version, without this problem (the presence of AVX instructions).
2 Comments
Sort by:
X
XuKaH 29.10.22

You are ultra-mega good. It is a pity that the developers wrote that there will be no patch.

E
Elmar27 17.11.22

XuKaH
Hi
Could you run it? If yes - write as please
I did not understand what to do after point 3