3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexandr_79 16.11.22 09:05 pm

Help me choose an Xbox model

A friend of mine offers to buy an Xbox One X from him, but he immediately warned me that this is an old model, and new games that will be released on the latest model will most likely not be released on it. Maybe some will be, but I decided not to take it. Another person advised me to take the Xbox Series S better. Yes, there is less memory there, and the hardware is not the most powerful, but all new items will come out on it.

I ask for your advice, is it worth taking the Xbox Series S, because I don’t see the point in buying a console just for the sake of old games
12 Comments
Sort by:
J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
For what price did you offer to buy, if it's not a secret?

A
Alexandr_79 16.11.22

Joel Miller
24K like

k
kurskiy 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
If so, it's better, of course, to take Series S.

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
Then it's better to take Series S 🙂

A
Alexandr_79 16.11.22

kurskiy
Why "if so"? Is it a matter of price? What I'm wondering is, will the console support next generation games? The fact that the price is higher or lower by a couple of thousand is not so important

k
kurskiy 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
In price, now you can get a new Series S for 25:
Spoiler
About new generation games:
There are already games that bypassed PS4 and Xbox One. There will be more and more of them.

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
I agree with the comment above.

A
Alexandr_79 16.11.22

kurskiy
)) Or I'm you, or you don't understand me)) Will new games be released on Xbox One X? As two people explained to me - no, they won't. Like, play those games that have come out at the moment, and maybe, if you're lucky, some new games will come out for this model. This option doesn't work for me. I don't see the point in buying a console for old games if another console will support both old and new games

Another person suggested the Series S. According to him, this model will support new games for another ten years. These couple of thousand differences do not play a fundamental role for me. I'm just asking you to explain to the noob (who only had the Xbox 360, about eight years ago), will the Series S support new games, or is it, like the One X, already such an outdated model that new games will not come out on it?

P
Pavel Rally 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
Xbox One and Xbox One X are old consoles.

Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X are new consoles.

Series S will support new games, news about this console. https://www.playground.ru/misc/news/tehnicheskie_eksperty_iz_digital_foundry_nazvali_xbox_series_s_neobyazatelnoj_konsolyu_v_sovremennom_pokolenii-1246754

Briefly, the iron device will allow you to run games of any level for a very long time, but every year the desire of publishers to support the console may decrease.

A
Alexandr_79 16.11.22

Pavel Rally
Well, for five years, I hope that's enough.

Ok, thanks a lot for your help!

M
MunchkiN 616 16.11.22

xbox one and improved improved - old games can only be some kind of niche and any cyberpunk 2077
new generation xbox, respectively, new games. the minor version will be supported most likely long enough. however, I would only consider buying an older model of a new xbox and depending on where you live.

k
kurskiy 16.11.22

Alexandr_79
I said in that comment that "There are already games that bypassed PS4 and Xbox One. There will be more and more of them." I'll try more detailed:
Some games on Xbox One will still be released, but support is fading away, as it usually happens. This is the previous generation of consoles.
The Xbox Series S is a new generation (current), so new items will come out for it, even though some developers scold it. As for support in 10 years - hardly, usually generations of consoles are updated earlier.