3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ixiot 16.11.22 09:26 pm

Network Card.

The integrated network card died, at first the Internet speed dropped from 300 megabits to 100, then to 10 in general and an inscription appeared: unknown network, without access to the Internet.
I bought a new network and the speed became 300 megabits, but a week later it was again 100.
Because of what can the network die?
8 Comments
Sort by:
B
Botponevole 16.11.22

Ixiot wrote:
Why can network die?
There should be no such thing. You most likely have software problems.

K
KornEr 16.11.22

maybe some kind of interference, incorrect flow through the network of overestimated parameters

k
kurskiy 16.11.22

Ixiot
So they don't die. It looks like the ISP has some problems.

I
Ixiot 16.11.22

kurskiy
This was the first thing I ruled out. Connected to the laptop and the Internet plows at a normal speed.

I
Ixiot 16.11.22

Botponevol
This is also ruled out. I reinstalled Windows from the off site and synchronized with the license through the Microsoft account. I downloaded the official drivers. Native network card does not plow.

B
Botponevole 16.11.22

Ixiot
The only other thing that could still be a problematic motherboard or power supply.

y
yariko okami 20.01.23

I also had something similar, though not on the network card, but on the modem. Internet suddenly went down. None of the pages could be opened. And everything was restored after resetting the modem settings (I have an ADSL modem), but after a short time the problem completely repeated. As a result, I found out that the computer was infected with some kind of malware that overwrote the modem settings. I cleaned the computer with the Kaspersky program, for greater certainty I changed the passwords on the modem. After everything worked!
So if the problem is repeated with different modems/network cards, the possible cause is a virus that overwrites some system settings, and the card cannot work correctly.

I
Ixiot 20.01.23

yariko ookami
In this thread, he wrote that immediately, after the problem, he reinstalled the system.