3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
deathcold 16.11.22 10:43 pm

What is the difference between AvP Classic and Gold? (Aliens Versus Predator (1999))

Actually the question is: what is the difference between Alien versus Predator Gold and Alien versus Predator Classic 2000??? I had this question literally yesterday (since the moment of writing this post), as soon as I remembered this game and decided to replay it after so many years. But now, I was overtaken by the question of the difference between the versions. After all, this game has several versions: Gold, which is original, and Classic 2000, which came out later.

The only differences that I noticed are the lack of crosshairs on the screen in the Classic 2000 version when playing as a Xenomorph, and also in the fact that, in the same Classic 2000 version, the cheats that work in the Gold version do not work. The same goes for trainers. They stupidly do not work with the Classic 2000 version. And no, I did not intend to cheat, but there are places that, for me personally, are difficult to pass, hence the note with cheats. Also, AvP Classic 2000 on Win 7 x64 works without dancing with a tambourine, while AvP Gold requires picking the "Compatibility" tab and downloading patches.

Therefore, I ask you, connoisseurs who are familiar with both versions closely and know what is the difference between them in general. Are there any changes in the Classic 2000 version that make it worse than the original Gold version and vice versa that make it better? I just want to know which version is better to play: the original or Classic 2000.
2 Comments
Sort by:
d
dmitrij1982198236 16.11.22

everything is super

G
GuyverDark 16.11.22

DeathCold
If you don't want to take a tambourine and jump like a shaman through the tabs, play the latest edition. Those. in Classic 2000. In fact, they are not much different.
Spoiler