3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nikined 16.11.22 11:13 pm

Startup/bios issues

The computer stopped loading, the system manager starts working, but the monitor does not show anything, the light on it blinks, but does not light up. Previously, this happened periodically, especially when the computer "fell asleep" without supervision, but now for good, restarting does not help. At first there was an inscription "the main BIOS is corrupted. Yhe system will be recovered from the backup bios", and the update was in progress, but after that the same garbage. I pulled out the BIOS battery, put it back in and started it, now the screen lights up, the operating system selection screen goes on, after choosing the window that it can’t start, you can choose to start with recovery tools, but it doesn’t give anything. What can be done?
2 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 16.11.22

Nikined
Nikined wrote:
...At first there was an inscription "the main BIOS is corrupted. Yhe system will be recovered from the backup bios", and an update was going on ...
GigaByte motherboard? - if so, maybe this is not an update, but a recovery of a copy of the BIOS from a backup chip. On the motherboards of this company, there are 2 of them - the main one (which can be updated) and the spare one (with the version flashed at the factory and default settings). When the firmware in the main one is "damaged", it is restored from the spare. If there is such an item in the BIOS settings, it is better to enable it - so that in which case the current version is restored from the disk, and not the factory one.
Spoiler
... I pulled out the BIOS battery, put it back in and started it up, now the screen lights up, the operating system selection screen goes on, after selecting the window that cannot be started, you can choose to start with recovery tools, but it does not give anything. What can be done?
Type in the search engine: "Restore OS bootloader".

r
requiemmm 16.11.22

At the same time, change the battery to a new one, this is the only problem.