3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Joel Miller 16.11.22 11:44 pm

Limited dynamic range stopped working

Hello, I ran into a problem, namely, what is in the Nvidia control panel in the Video-Adjust color settings for video-2 sections. How to make color settings, if you click on the item With Nvidia settings-Advanced in this section and try to change the Dynamic range from full (0-255) to limited (16-235), then nothing changes (black color in the video also remains deep black (as if set to full dynamic range, although it should be closer to gray), until recently this was not :(
What I tried:
1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia control panel.
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia graphics driver 526.47.
3. Rollback to an older graphics driver 522.25.
4. Reset settings in the monitor menu itself (monitor model LG UltraGear 32GN600-B).
5. Replace DisplayPort 1.4 cable with HDMI 2.0 cable.
But none of this helped me, maybe someone has encountered this problem or knows how to solve it?
10 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex_Hanter91 16.11.22

The same thing happened today.
I updated to the Nvidia 526.47 driver and the Invidia control panel does not open at all, and the limited one was set in the monitor settings. Reinstalling, uninstalling or rolling back does not even help to return the control panel.
I tried to return via C:Program FilesWindowsAppsNVIDIACorp. The panel started up (Although with crutches and bugs), all settings are applied, but the range is also deaf.

m
moblin 16.11.22

Maybe because of the addition of support for the 4000 series to the firewood, they did something, try to roll back to the older versions.

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

moblin
I tried, doesn't help :(

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

Alex_Hanter91
You say your range is set to limited, but in fact it looks like full (saturated black)?

M
MunchkiN 616 16.11.22

you can search for something about the hollow removal of drivers from the system with all ends, but I changed this topic was old.
well, either peck-peck to remove Windows.
with drivers such a story that for some reason they are completely removed from the fact that it is difficult to perform comparative testing of games on different versions of drivers.
so it's better not to update the driver from the moment you bought the car, because there is no layer now to games that will not work because they will work with artifacts. such is my baked wisdom.

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

MunchkiN 616
Well, I was just thinking of completely demolishing the firewood using the Display Driver Uninstaller application, if it doesn’t help you will have to reinstall Windows (although I really don’t want to)😔

A
Alex_Hanter91 16.11.22

Joel Miller
On the contrary, it is full, in fact limited
Joel Miller
Demolished through the Display Driver Uninstaller, also did not really change the situation
Apparently we really need to do something with Windows (

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

Alex_Hanter91
sucks😞

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

Alex_Hanter91
Nevertheless, I decided to remove the drivers using the Display Driver Uninstaller, I confirm your words, this did not solve the problem :(

J
Joel Miller 16.11.22

I reinstalled Windows, but this also did not solve the problem, I noticed that on older versions of the drivers, you can at least correct the color, contrast, etc., although the dynamic range still does not change, but on the latest version of the drivers, even this is impossible do 😟