3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
ryastyam510 17.11.22 12:00 am

Performance/optimization issue on powerful PC (Red Dead Redemption 2)

Fellow gamers, all the best.
In general, the following question worries me: there is an asus rog strix g513qy-hf002t laptop. Processor ryzen 5900hx 8 cores at 3.3GHz. Video card radeon RX 6800M memory 12GB. RAM (was) 16GB.
I bought the game, launched it in anticipation of something very good and ... terrible FPS drawdowns. Not that on ultra, but even on elementary high settings. It's simply impossible to play. I thought it was all about the RAM and its timings. I got it with timings a little faster and at the same time increased the volume to 32GB. But absolutely nothing has changed. In the graphics settings, the load on the video card is indicated by less than half of its memory. Apparently, it's not about her either.
Perhaps, of course, I don’t understand something and I’m blunting somewhere. But still, it's kind of a shame that a 170k PC can't run the game at normal high settings, not to mention ultra. Yes, even on the middle ones there are friezes. I don't know what to think anymore. Is there a problem in the laptop, or, nevertheless, optimization has not been delivered to rdr2 for several years.
Tell the unknowing, please, what's the matter. I sincerely hope for your help, I'm already tired of installing the game in the hope of changes and then demolishing it again, remaining disappointed.
PS Could it be a problem with windows 11?
5 Comments
Sort by:
M
Max P 17.11.22

ryastyam510
could it be in windows 11?
It might even be!

k
kolinmah 20.01.23

ryastyam510
the fact is that with each update of the game some new problem comes out. One is removed, another appears, and this has been the case for three years.

P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

ryastyam510 wrote:
Is there a problem in the laptop, or has optimization not been delivered to rdr2 for several years.
In a laptop, laptop hardware is weaker than desktops, and the game is wildly demanding

M
Max P 20.01.23

ryastyam510
In Windows, in the power section, turn off all energy-saving settings, because of this, the built-in video core can work, and not a discrete card. Enable Resize Bar in BIOS. And if there is such a possibility in the BIOS, disable the integrated graphics. If there is no such thing, then always play only from the network.

K
KopiPaT 20.01.23

ryastyam510
If you play on DX12, try to go to the volcano. I personally had very strong staters on the 12th direct, I switched to the volcano and the situation improved. Well, play with the settings, pick up starting from medium and increase gradually and watch the fps.