3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
anonse27 17.11.22 12:01 am

Internet speed jumps for no reason.

Hi all. The PC is connected to a 5GHz wifi network. Recently, a problem has arisen: every 10-15 seconds, the Internet speed can drop sharply from 100Mbps to 0 and after 10 seconds again grow to 100. Also in the browser it often says "you are connected to another network" and pages do not load. If the PC is connected to another wifi, there is no problem. All other PCs and laptops connected to the problematic wifi network also work fine. That is, as if there is an incompatibility EXACTLY BETWEEN MY PC AND EXACTLY THIS WIFI NETWORK. Through gpedit and change of DNS the problem is not solved. Reinstalling Windows didn't help either. I tried everything, but the problem remains. I will be very grateful for your answer.
6 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 17.11.22

anonse27
If all other devices work fine, then most likely the problem is in the WiFi module on your PC.
Try calling your ISP and explain the situation.

a
anonse27 17.11.22

saa0891
The fact of the matter is that the same PC works without problems on another WIFI

r
requiemmm 17.11.22

And what will happen if you move your computer or router a meter or two? Since you've already tried everything, it won't get any worse. Well, there is physics, the reflection of radio waves, their arrival in antiphase and all that.

a
anonse27 17.11.22

requiemmm I
already tried to move. The signal is maximum, but nothing changes.

y
yuriko1158 17.11.22

anonse27
change the frequency of the router. obviously unstable 5 GHz operation on your PC.

a
anonse27 17.11.22

yuriko1158
Thank you very much! Helped!