3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SlavUS01 20.01.23 01:35 pm

Videos won't play in games

help me please. I can't play video in games. for example in gta san andreas rockstar logos and opening credits are not played, black screen. The sound from the cutscene goes on, but there is no video. The games themselves work just fine. I have a k-lite codec pack, but after uninstalling and reinstalling it, nothing has changed. and this problem is not only with gta sa but also with other games that have video. I'm thinking about completely reinstalling Windows. I have windows 11 version 21H2. help me please.
25 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

SlavUS01 wrote:
...the video does not play in games... black screen. there is a sound from the cutscenes, but no video... there is a k-lite codec pack, but after deleting and reinstalling it, nothing has changed... the problem is not only with... but also with other games that have video... It's
strange of course that K-Lite Codec Pack does not help. Try to download and install its full version K-Lite Mega Codec Pack...
Spoilerhttps://codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm
..., and RAD Video Tools...
Spoilerhttp://www.radgametools.com/ bnkdown.htm
..., in case the videos in the game are in Bink format, and often in games they are.
... I'm thinking about a complete reinstallation of Windows. I have windows 11 version 21H2.
If updating the codecs does not help, try to update the 11th to 22H2 first. Or put 10-ku 22H2.

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

Well, I downloaded the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, it didn't help. and rad this one doesn't help

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

SlavUS01
SlavUS01 wrote:
I downloaded the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, it didn't help. and rad this doesn't help
SonyK_2 wrote:
...If updating codecs doesn't help, try updating 11th to 22H2 first. Or put 10-ku 22H2.

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

SonyK_2
I think.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

SlavUS01
SlavUS01 wrote:
I'll think about it.
As you wish. On older OSes, this was not the case, or is the 11th Windows the first one you use?

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

SonyK_2
no of course my first Windows vista

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

maybe some settings in k-lite codec should be set?

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

SlavUS01
SlavUS01 wrote:
my first Windows Vista
Before installing the 11th (in previous OS), there were no such problems in games?
maybe some settings in k-lite codec should be set?
During installation, it was necessary to customize for yourself - include as many supported codecs as possible.

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

SonyK_2
on the seven was also on gta sa. i selected all codecs in k-lite codec pack, didn't help

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

SlavUS01
Maybe the assembly of Windows 11 is crooked? Personally, I have never encountered such an error. And with regards to the k-lite codec pack, you don’t need to choose anything during installation, the default settings are enough there.

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
well, firstly, I don’t have a crooked assembly, but a license, and secondly, nothing works on the default settings either

S
Sanchez Ramirez 20.01.23

Try running GTA SA with default settings (deleting the settings file, that is).

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

Sanchez Ramirez
is not helping. and in general this is a problem not only in gta sa

P
Pavel Rally 20.01.23

On the contrary, I started having problems with video in games from a set of codecs, only a clean reinstallation of Windows helped ...

Now I use a player with built-in codecs - VLC.

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

Pavel Rally
no, even with the k-lite codec pack, the videos used to work in games, but now they don’t

P
Pavel Rally 20.01.23

SlavUS01
I suffered for a long time, reinstallation helped, immediately install Windows 11 (22H2).

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

Pavel Rally
And how to upgrade? You can't update right now.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

SlavUS01
SlavUS01 wrote:
on the seven it was also on gta sa... even with the k-lite codec pack the videos used to work in games
on 7-ke videos did not work only in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, but in other games it worked, or how ?
...how to update?...
If it is impossible to update this version, download a newer litsukha image from the trackers and install after copying the important data to another disk / partition.

S
SlavUS01 20.01.23

SonyK_2
on the seven only gta sa did not work

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

SlavUS01
So maybe the problem was in the game itself? Was it litsukha, or "assembly from Vasyan"?
Personally, I didn’t have such problems with the game on 7-ke, and I played both on the processor embedded ...
Spoiler
... and on the config with Athlone (details about the hardware in the descriptions for the video )
:
I remember without mods, etc., at least I didn’t put anything into the game myself.